17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Loaner - 2015 Lincoln MKC

Hey guys,

I had to drop off my E this morning have the splash guard taken care off, the paint corrected in spots, and my rims to be evaluated...

So the dealership got new rides and I am lucky and enviously driving a 2015 MKC, any questions shoot away.

It definitely a nice looking interior, push button start, TFT Dash, My Lincoln Touch (No Navi), nice Lincoln Leather with wood grain

Its a nice ride no doubt, and if I have it through the weekend, I am going upstate NY for some fall Foilage.

Any questions of the MKC, I can try to answer while I have her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 09:41 AM

Garage
What engine is in it? How does it feel when you floor it?! Especially if it is the 2.3 Ecoboost.

How is the interior build quality compared to the FE? The FE is a touch plasticy to me... though it does feel quality. How much of the interior is lifted/shared between the two cars? How is the heated steering wheel?

Cooled seats? If so how well do they work?

Adaptive cruise control?

Is the interior space the sameish overall or noticeable smaller/larger?

Does it have the hidden stash compartment?

Thanks!!!

2014 Escape Tuxedo Black
2.0 AWD Titanium
Tow Package, Pana Roof, 19" Wheels
post #3 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Since its raining, these are some things I wanted to do,

It feels like the 2.0 without looking under the hood, I am driving the i-AWD,

Interior as stated Lincoln Leather, so its softer and more supple seats, center console, dash, steering etc.

This doesn't have the heated steering nor the cooling seats, though I had that in the 2011 MKS.

The heated seats have 3 settings and do heat up just as nice as the E.

Haven't played with cruise control since my top speed only made it to 40mph this morning while dealing with morning traffic.

It is noticeable more "elbow room", the Console (arm rest) opens up and a tray slides back to the cubby space. Since it is push button transmission, its all on the dashboard,
so there is the space under the HVAC that is where the Power DC outlet is along with the 2 USB and SD reader. The MLT screen seems a bit sharper than mine in the 2013.
Along with that it has as slide door to hide that all, ( I can easily store my iphone 5s and some other wires in this cubby).

Around my lunch time, I will try to take some pics and post.

The Dealer Vehicle is nicely loaded but def. not fully loaded,

Btw, There is a light inside the exterior door handle and the mirrors fold in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 10:14 AM

Garage
Yeah take pics! I'm trying to imagine some of the thingies you are describin'.

2014 Escape Tuxedo Black
2.0 AWD Titanium
Tow Package, Pana Roof, 19" Wheels
post #5 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Will do Pictures are worth 1000 words.

post #6 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
2.3 Ecoboost! Drive it like you stole it!

Thanks for the review!

2013 Deep Impact Blue Ford Escape SE: 2.0 Liter Ecoboost AWD| Exterior: Replica Ford Kuga Rear Wing, Ford Mud Flaps, 18" Factory Ford Focus ST Rims| Interior: Custom Engine Cover by Carsonfire45, Weathertech Floor Liner| Engine: Steeda "Cold Air" Intake, CX Racing Front Mount Intercooler, Denso Iridium ITV22 "One Step Colder" Sparkplugs, Turbosmart Kompact Plumb Blowoff Valve, SCTX3 tune by Torrie From Unleashed Tuning| Future Plans: Magnaflow Exhaust System| Power Goals: 280 HP/340 Torque
post #7 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Pictures in the Gallery

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/memb...-2015-mkc.html
xr4tiboi likes this.

post #8 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 11:09 AM

Garage
Thanks for the Pics!

2014 Escape Titanium AWD 2.0L Turbo - Bright Silver
(Upgrading to a '15 F150!)
2008 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L W/Bolt-ons - Stealth Blue
(Keeping for life!)
post #9 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 11:39 AM

Garage
Since the roof is shorter and seat is lower to compensate, how does the driver's position feel in comparison? I hear there is less room in the cargo area and rear leg room. Is visibility better with the mirrors on the doors instead of at the A pillar? If yours has the adaptive suspension, does it make a difference? How does it handle? I also hear the sound system is pretty awesome.
post #10 of 57 Old 10-16-2014, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
OK, I uploaded a few more pics

Driving position feels almost the same as the E, according to the specs is suppose to be slightly bigger, it def. feels about the same in the cargo hold, rear leg room I will have to rely on someone that is taller to see about that for me its fine. I'm still getting use to the side mirrors, since I have the BLIS with my added concave blind spot mirrors, vs. the integrated system, I never liked them up on top. But there is a little break away window now where we have the mount for our mirrors, adaptive suspension as I found in the menus' I would have to try it out, its more comfy vs. sporty as in our E, but it also sounds like the engine is tuned a bit differently but then again it could be the insulating properties.

I still have to get some seat time too play around more, but overall you can tell you are upgraded from the E.
Elf911 and td2013 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page