2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 12-25-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadshow View Post
My Accord is 08 too! Did you get the VCT Actuator problem on yours? I had to have mine fixed out of pocket but I still go though oil like crazy to this day
Yes, I had some sort of software update if I remember correctly, but it didn't help. My 2008 was burning oil at a high rate as well. Honda rebuilt my engine because I failed the oil consumption test. They paid $3000.00 and I paid $500.00. Now it doesn't burn a drop with the new rings. Then last year I got a letter about the oil consumption and if I had any out-of-pocket expenses they would cover it. I submitted everything and got my 500 back from Honda.

2013 Ginger Ale Titanium 2.0 AWD, Factory Tow Package, Pano Roof and Roof Rack, Kuga LED Rear Tail Lights, Factory Added NAV, factory Added Rear Camera, Rear Spoiler, Build Date - Sept. 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 12-25-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayaiKuruma View Post
Yes, I had some sort of software update if I remember correctly, but it didn't help. My 2008 was burning oil at a high rate as well. Honda rebuilt my engine because I failed the oil consumption test. They paid $3000.00 and I paid $500.00. Now it doesn't burn a drop with the new rings. Then last year I got a letter about the oil consumption and if I had any out-of-pocket expenses they would cover it. I submitted everything and got my 500 back from Honda.
Honda Canada put a mileage cap on that offer so they refused to do mine

I was going to try and fight it but my wife doesn't like full sized sedans so we're getting her a compact soon

2017 SE 2.0L AWD
Sport Package
201A Package
Cold Weather Package
Class II towing
Sync 3 Connect + AA/Carplay/Ford Pass
post #13 of 16 Old 01-16-2017, 07:27 AM

Waiting on on new Escape (2.0 4WD with tow pkg) and would have looked at the CRV if its towing capability were there (deciding factor). Our Escape being swapped for a 2012 Odyssey (3rd we've owned - one from each of the last 3 generations) and our other daily commuter being a Fit we are comfortable with the value proposition of Honda.

The CRV has Ford on depreciation and the feel for space (in a few key dimensions that give the "feel" of a lot more space and does have in a number of dimensions) beyond the towing capacity, the Escape I'd say feels like more than the sum of its parts if that makes sense. In driving an Escape for the better part of 2 weeks during a vacation in assessing, there are things Honda does better (steering feel, road feedback, drivers dash (note drivers dash and not centre console/dash which Honda blows at in recent years - something they used to be great at), but Ford for criticisms of Sync out there IMHO it is way ahead of Honda and their offerings that remain static with the delivered iteration and the feeling of power (forget raw numbers) the Escape blows by the CRV. If towing were not a consideration and I was going to hold onto the vehicle for only a few years where quicker depreciation would be felt, maybe the new CRV would be a choice looked at but for us and now, the Escape was the best (and only) choice.

The one thing I like about the new CRV is it keeps all manufacturers on their toes wanting to be in the compact segment and competitive - competition is good for everyone in vehicle improvements continuing to be made by all.

Lastly, it is funny many seem to have questioned Ford offering a 1.5T when they did in the Escape (with other engine options still available). Lets see if anyone questions Honda doing the same with a CVT (with no other engine options available).

2017 SE, 2.0L 4WD Ingot Silver, Leather, 201A Pkg, Class II Trailer Pkg, Power Liftgate, Twin Panel Moonroof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 01-16-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openspace View Post
... many seem to have questioned Ford offering a 1.5T ...

I've read that China has a tax on vehicles with engines above 1.5 L.

Sunset 2014 Escape Titanium 2.0 4WD
White 2012 Escape Hybrid Limited (wife's)
post #15 of 16 Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOinMA View Post
I've read that China has a tax on vehicles with engines above 1.5 L.
True!

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD - Shadow Black
post #16 of 16 Old 01-18-2017, 08:37 AM

Just seen on the news here in Chicago the other day about the new CRV. People complaining about major engine vibration and they showed a few of them people had and what they are talking about. At idle you can see how bad the vibration when they put a cup of coffie in the cup holder. Many complaints and Honda's response is "That's considered to be within normal range". Nothing will be done. People said it started when they hit about 500 miles.

2017 FE Titanium
FWD
Navigation
Vista Roof
Sync 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page