1Likes
  • 1 Post By alan_mac

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 06-13-2013, 11:58 AM

Angry Dealer chipped my wheel

The Ford service dept chipped my 18" wheel rim when servicing the escape. Its a noticeable paint chip down to the metal on the leading edge of the slot. I reported it along with my door misalignment in my service appointment. Upon arrival for the appointment, my service team manager said the mechanical repair shop does fix paint and body repairs so he directed me to the body shop. The body shop said they don't fix rims and said the mechanical shop does. So it appears I got the run around on the wheel repair. I would think if the service dept chipped my fender paint they would fix it. But I don't think they want to fix the wheel chip. These rims are $300 +. Am I being too picky to ask for a correct paint repair or wheel replacement? I am so sick of dealing with all the quality problems my escape has had. Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-13-2013, 12:05 PM

That sucks.. Hopefully someone resolves this. I'd go straight to the general manager. Just walk right in and ask for him.
#3 Old 06-13-2013, 12:34 PM

I agree with mnlauzon, with all the crap you have endured so far, you would think they would go out of their way to help you. They chipped it, they should fix it ! BTW..did they align your door etc. ?

2013 Titanium 2.0L 4WD, White Platinum, Pano, Nav, Full Leather.
Add Ons, All Weather Mats, Molded Splash Guards, Side Window Deflectors.

Present Rides:
'96 Nissan 200SX SE-R
'03 Jeep Liberty Sport
'13 Ford Escape Titanium
#4 Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 PM

I agree as well, get the general manager or owner of the dealership to work with you. At this point you shouldn't need to champion your own repair, they should be working with you at a little higher level.

2013 Escape Titanium 4WD, Pana Roof, MyTouch Nav, Parking Tech and full leather.
#5 Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM

UPDATE! The body shop manager saw the door alignment and agreed it was way off. They aligned it correctly and looks very good. I just received a call from my service team manager. They are arranging for my wheel to be fixed by an outside wheel repair shop locally. This is what I wanted to hear! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Alan
2014Escape likes this.
#6 Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM

Sounds like they are giving you the run around. Stick to your guns. If they broke it they should fix it for free.
#7 Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_mac View Post
Am I being too picky to ask for a correct paint repair or wheel replacement?
At this point? You would not be too picky asking them to send you on an all expenses paid dream vacation.

Two Reminders for Members - Please Read

Forum Guidelines

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page