LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-16-2016, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Angry 2016 Ford Escape Stalling While Idle

For the past two weeks I've been dealing with this issue. I have a 2016 Ford Escape, all standard edition. I bought it in October, in full. There's about 25.5K on it. My wife works an hour away and we only have one car since she inable to physically drive, hence the quick gaining of mileage.

Now, with that out of the way, here's the issue. Randomly, while in idle (either at a full stop or in park with the car engine running), the car will shut completely off. There's no warning via a "Check Engine" light. All that happens is a low rumble that I can feel from the back of the Escape and like in a "wave" it reaches all the way up to the front of the car and then it shuts off. I put it in park, restart the car, and then it turns on again just fine as if nothing happened.

Of course, the three times I've taken it to the mechanic at the dealership I bought it from, it never happens to them. They ran it through their computer several times, drove it to see how if it stalls when idle while driving, but of course, NONE of that happened. It ran for 2 hours straight and it didn't stall. It was driven for 100 miles by them and it didn't stall.

I was given the number for Ford to speak with them directly. I'm wondering if ANYONE has gone through this as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
While you wait for a reply you can try reaching out to @FordService on this site.

2014 Ruby Red Titanium 2.0 AWD
401A, Technology, Sony w/nav, 19" Wheels, Tonneau cover

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 08-10-2016, 05:32 PM

This same things has happened to me. The dealership has been clueless.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page