3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 Old 07-24-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itybitybob View Post
To alan_mac.
At least. I believe it was more but this is what my invoices say.
If the problem isn't solved I would go to another dealer. Tell the dealer the fix have been performed three time and it didn't fix the problem. They should call the Ford tech center for problem solving and resolution.

I had to to the same. A plug kept popping out of the intake manifold, after the third fix failed, the tech center told them to replace my 2.0L intake manifold. Problem solved.

Best of Luck.

2013 Escape SEL, 2.0 Ecoboost, Equipment Group 302A, Technology Package, Trailer Towing class II, Parking Technology Package, Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black Leather Seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks alan_mac.
I have been to two dealers and Ford Tech has been called at least twice (I think it has really been three times but it doesn't mater) they keep recommending the same thing, a splice repair. I really don't think a third dealer will make any difference.
At this point we are just using the Escape as normal and taking a wait and see position. When I see that others are experiencing similar problems I am not optimistic.
I have purchased five fords new in my lifetime and have never experienced repeat trips for what appears to be the same problem in the past. My prior experiences have always been positive, thus my frustration.

2013 Ford Escape Ruby Red
Aprox 25,000 miles Purchased new January 2013
Bought from Peoria Ford Now living in Mesa AZ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 23 Old 08-08-2016, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Update....Have driven 390 miles since last repair. Seems to be working fine. Will update again in the future.

2013 Ford Escape Ruby Red
Aprox 25,000 miles Purchased new January 2013
Bought from Peoria Ford Now living in Mesa AZ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page