2013 / 2014 / 2015 Ford Escape Forum

2013 / 2014 / 2015 Ford Escape Forum (http://www.fordescape.org/forum/)
-   Problems & Solutions (http://www.fordescape.org/forum/problems-solutions/)
-   -   Climate Settings not Active w/ Remote Start (http://www.fordescape.org/forum/problems-solutions/9802-climate-settings-not-active-w-remote-start.html)

SRG963 11-26-2013 09:30 AM

It's second on my list for my dealership....first is to figure out what is moving beneath my floor board while turning at slow parking speeds, second is to get the seat heaters on with remote start :)

Escapism 11-26-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndccpf1 (Post 117882)
I have a 2013 Titanium 2.0 and was very excited to know I had remote start (never owned an automatic vehicle in 30 + years) but VERY disappointed that the heated seats do not activate during remote -start. I think they do on other models like Edge. I know the rear defroster does kick in.

I told my dealer in January of this year and they were clueless. I keep thinking it is a flash / programming change needed for our BCMs

Thanks a very interesting thought. And a great marketing strategy. Just imagine in the near future when you purchase a vehicle. You sit down with someone at the dealer and you go through and program many of these functions the way YOU want them. What a great idea! Now I do realize that many of the functions are goverened by local, state and federal transportation laws. Fog lights are a good example. Many folks are bummed that you can't run around with just your fogs on. But an equally good example is in the 13' and 14' Escape, every time you turn off your vehicle, you have to re-enable your fog lights when you turn on your vehicle and headlights.

Elf911 11-26-2013 04:17 PM

On your little screen in between the tach and speedo goto "settings" and then "remote start" turn off the auto mode for the climate controls this only allows the heat/AC and/or defrosters to come on at pre determined temps the car detects. Also in winter I usually make sure that "quiet start" is also disabled this allows the remote start to idle a bit higher (~1200 rpm) if your very concerned about MPG you can leave quiet start on. Hope this helps ;)

SRG963 12-04-2013 03:03 PM

You cannot adjust the system during
remote start operation. Turn the ignition
on to return the system to its previous
settings. You can now make adjustments.
You will need to turn certain
vehicle-dependent features back on, such
as:
• heated seats
• heated mirrors
• heated rear window.
You can adjust the settings using the
information display controls. See
Information Displays
(page 88).
Automatic Settings
You can set the climate control to operate
in AUTO mode through the information
display setting: Remote Start > Climate
Control > Heater-A/C > Auto. The climate
control system automatically sets the
interior temperature to 72F (22C).
In hot weather, the system is set to 72F
(22C). Cooled seats are set to high (if
available, and selected to AUTO in the
information display).
In moderate weather, the system either
heats or cools (based on previous
settings). The rear defroster, heated
mirrors and heated/cooled seats do not
automatically turn on.
In cold weather, the system is set to 72F
(22C). The heated seats and heated
steering wheel are set to high (if available,
and selected to AUTO in the information
display). The rear defroster and heated
mirrors automatically turn on.

Ducatisto 12-04-2013 03:14 PM

So, basically the outside temperature determines whether or not to turn on the defrost or A/C. If it is hot or cold, it will set the climate for 72 degrees.

I might as well turn off the "auto" climate for the remote start then. Also, where it mentions activating heated or cooled seats, it is referring to the Edge, Explorer, and Lincolns that don't have a physical knob, rather the soft button in MFT (which we don't have). As I understand it, the knobs we have are only powered with the accessories on, which is not the case while remote start is active.

ndccpf1 12-05-2013 05:33 AM

Then possibly Ford could add "soft buttons" for our heated seats with an update to MyFordTouch at some point. Of course their direction now (MKC) is to add physical buttons back to the center stack.

e-mel 12-05-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escapism (Post 118178)
But an equally good example is in the 13' and 14' Escape, every time you turn off your vehicle, you have to re-enable your fog lights when you turn on your vehicle and headlights.

I have a '14 Titanium and when I turn on the fog lights they remain in the on position whenever I turn on the headlights even after turning the vehicle off and back on. I have to press the fog light button to shut them off.

jshel101 12-05-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-mel (Post 125354)
I have a '14 Titanium and when I turn on the fog lights they remain in the on position whenever I turn on the headlights even after turning the vehicle off and back on. I have to press the fog light button to shut them off.

This is the same for me on my 14 Titanium.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Ducatisto 12-05-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndccpf1 (Post 125210)
Then possibly Ford could add "soft buttons" for our heated seats with an update to MyFordTouch at some point. Of course their direction now (MKC) is to add physical buttons back to the center stack.

Not likely. Our heated seats and dials are not wired through MFT and are dependent on accessories/ignition being on, while the soft touch buttons (even the physical ones on the MKC) are integrated with MFT and are powered while remote start is active. They seem to be two completely separate systems. Ford would just need to simply give power to the dials and seats while in remote start for them to work ( as others have pointed out Subaru and other manufacturers do).

Point being, don't expect an update to fix this on any current Escape from Ford. In the future, maybe. Aftermarket mod probably would be your best bet.

2013_escape 12-05-2013 01:52 PM

The temp plummeted here today to a high of 6〫 F and I used my remote start 5 minutes before I left the office. I left my heater on defrost and floor, set it at 78 degrees, put the blower on high and it was on and blowing hard when I got to the car. For those who may not realize it, unless you over ride it by manually increasing the blower speed, regardless if it's on auto or manual, the heater/defroster is designed to blow on a low setting until the coolant temp is high enough to blow warm air.