2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Vg sharkfin antenna

31K views 93 replies 24 participants last post by  desertdad 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I've been wanting to add a sharkfin to my Escape and Visual Garage has them for our Escape. I've used them before on my Mazda CX7 and they're great. The paint is an exact match. GPS and radio functionality is unaffected. It may even enhance the reception as it did with mine.

These are available for Ford Escape Model Year 2012-2017 and available with your Escape's color or you can get it unpainted or matte if you want.

They retail for $89 but I got in touch with them and they're offering a 15% discount if I can get 10 people for a group buy. I am getting one so I just need 9 to sign up. I am in no way affiliated with them. It's a great product and it looks sharp on our roof as compared to the stubby/RC antenna that our Escape came with.

This is how it will look like on our Escape. Image taken from Visual Garage's website. My apologies if this Escape belongs to one of our members and I didnt get your permission

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's some more info taken from their website:

The VG Shark Fin Antenna will give your Ford Escape a unique look that is stylish and aerodynamic, but it is also functional as it maintains AM/FM radio reception and prevents your antenna from hitting the garage door. The VG Shark Fin Antenna has a built in fractal antenna that screws directly into your antenna base, covers the existing antenna base, and is simply installed in 10-15 minutes. Integrated GPS and Satellite Radio antennas are unaffected by the installation of the VG Shark Fin Antenna

Each VG Shark Fin Antenna is custom painted to match the OEM paint code of your vehicle. Your VG Shark Fin Antenna comes with the following:
- Custom paint matched exterior
- Pre-installed adhesive gasket
- Fractal antenna with coiled cord attachment
- Attachment screws

#4 ·
So how would this work .... would each group-buy 'member' get a 15% off code to enter in the checkout discount window at https://shop.visualgarage.com/ and place their order direct themself?

If yes, would all charges/fulfillment be 'held' until all 10 members place their order?

Or ....?

Details, please. Not trying to be difficult, just applying lessons learned from other 'group-buys' gone awry.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Visual Garage Sharkfin Antenna Group Buy @ 15% off $89.00 USD = $75.65 USD with free shipping
1. AndrewFordMedina
2. Centex (maybe - depends on transaction details)

#5 ·
As soon as we have 10 members commited to buying, I will let him know and he will provide me with a coupon code to order from their site and code will only be valid for use for 2 wks upon issuance of said code. I just emailed my contact person to ask for free shipping within USA only. Will update you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: centex
#6 ·
In addition, if we get to have the magic 10, I will then issue the code thru PM to the respective members who have signed up. Sounds good?

#7 ·
You're on the right track ..... Please confirm that if the 10 required orders are not placed timely, the submitted orders will be cancelled, not automatically completed at the higher non-discount price (BTDT).

Thank you.

#11 ·
Yea, I will ask him that too and any other terms at the point of sale

So....let's get to the Magic 10 !!!

#14 ·
anyone willing to commit .... please copy>paste this entire post into your reply and add your 'name' next on the list

Visual Garage Sharkfin Antenna Group Buy @ 15% off $89.00 USD = $75.65 USD with free shipping in USA
1. AndrewFordMedina
2. centex

#15 ·
I was lucky and got in on a group buy on the Focus forum. The Focus antenna is the same size as the Escape's. I've had the VG shark fin on for a little over 2 years and it's still solid. Great paint job and matches my ingot silver perfectly. Radio reception is about equal to the OEM antenna.
Pics in this post: http://www.fordescape.org/forum/423562-post11.html

It makes it easy(ier) to find my car in a parking lot.

#16 ·
and.....WE GOT FREE SHIPPING TO USA & CANADA!!! Just confirmed with my contact person. So it's 15% off and free shipping for 10+ signing up. Let's do this !!!

#17 ·
Ah, I would have been in if I didn't already by one of the Visual Garage ones in November from through Amazon. I still have not gotten around to installing, this just reminded me that I need to set aside some time for that.

#18 · (Edited)
I'm in!

anyone willing to commit .... please copy>paste this entire post into your reply and add your 'name' next on the list

Visual Garage Sharkfin Antenna Group Buy @ 15% off $89.00 USD = $75.65 USD with free shipping in USA
1. AndrewFordMedina
2. centex
3. AtlCarl69

#20 ·
1. AndrewFordMedina
2. centex
3.geoconn white platinum tricoat

#21 ·
I'm still in!

1. AndrewFordMedina
2. centex
3. AtlCarl69
4. geoconn white platinum tricoat

#23 ·
I'm still in!

1. AndrewFordMedina
2. centex
3. AtlCarl69
5. martini7710

#24 ·

1. AndrewFordMedina
2. centex
3. AtlCarl69
5. martini7710
6. Tanat

#25 ·
Bumpitty bump. 4 more to go to get the coupon code. Sign up new owners. You will love it. It adds 5 horsepower [emoji6][emoji41]

#26 ·
I kinda like the OEM antenna look better because it makes me think it looks like I have some kind of police/fire/ambulance radio inside but I'm also kinda old and I really like those old school big roof mounted whip antennas you see on some trucks :p

#27 ·
I'm giving this until the end of January and I will then ask my contact person at Visual Garage if he will provide us the code even if we did not reach the required 10.

Or....should I extend it until we reach the 10th signee?

#30 ·
You beat me to it BobP. I was gonna get to it. Yeah, that's right. It comes in unpainted plus you have to drop the headliner for the install. So, the OEM is more expensive when you consider other factors. Plus, the VG Sharkfin looks better IMHO and installs in 15 mins tops

#31 ·
Ditto on the pro/con of the OEM option. Getting from prime to a good paint matching finish is not to be underestimated in terms of cost and work, even using the best quality OEM color-matched aerosol products on the market. And especially if you've got a metallic/platinum/tricoat color (e.g. Electric Spice @spicegirl16 ) - BTDT.

I'm more frugal than rushed - I'd vote for a bit more time & 'promotion' (bumping to keep this on the prominent "Recent Discussions" list ;-) if that's what it takes to get 'the deal'.

But I certainly defer to the OP and appreciate his effort no matter what the outcome.
:)

#34 ·
Are they willing to paint ANY factory color and guarantee reception? (Our '16 is Electric Spice)
I might take a look at it.....
They paint to ALL OEM Factory Colors.

Like all shark fin style antennas (factory or not), the range for FM/AM might be diminished a bit over that of whip antennas. If you are already getting great reception from your whip, you shouldn't have any problem with this. But if you are in a fringe area, don't expect any improvement.

#38 ·
Per post 36, just contact them directly with the paint code from your driver door-frame sticker to ensure they'll do a correct absolute match.

It's the digits on the sticker after "EXT PNT: ___"

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.