2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

16" winter rims. CAN I USE THEM

17K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  atlcarl69 
#1 ·
I tried the search with no luck.
I currently have a 2015 Titanium with 19" factory rims.
I have 16" winter rims on it right now.
Does anyone know if these will definately work on a 2017 Titanium with the 19" factory rims??
I phoned 3 Ford dealers and the were unable to help.
My concern is whether the 16" rims will clear the caliper on the 2017.
Thanks Greg

#3 ·
#5 ·
I suppose a better question would have been, does the 2017 Escape have larger brake calipers than the 2013 through 2016 Escapes.
If they're larger then I'll know that 16" rims won't work.
FWIW ...

Buy 2017 Ford Escape Parts | FordParts.com

Buy 2015 Ford Escape Parts | FordParts.com

Note that's for 2.0/FWD both years, yours might be different so re-starting the search might be needed.

It looks to me like to front calipers for that application are the same part numbers for '15 and '17 (2B120-BCRF-226 [RH] and 2B120-BCRF-227 [LH])

I don't see a similar match at the rear but of course that doesn't mean they are different dimensions.

I suppose it's possible that even if the calipers are the same there could be some difference in the rotor offset, I'll let you do the parts numbers digging to see if there's matches to give confidence about all the details.

#6 ·
Thanks centex
I just got off the phone with a tire shop.
Their computer shows 16" rims available for 2013 through 2016.
For 2017 the smallest diameter shown is 17".
Based on your research combined with the tire shops information, it would appear that the rear calipers ate larger for 2017.
Thanks again for your help b

#12 ·
if someone's interested in a 1 season use (~4k miles!) blizzaks and steels w/ tpms let me know.

If you want to sell these, it would be better if you create a new thread under the classified section.

#14 ·
thank you again. here's the exact quote from cy @ TR.
16’s definitely don’t work. The front brakes didn’t change but the rears did. Taller rear caliper and bigger rotors. This wheel won’t clear the top of the rear caliper.

there's '17s at the local dealer, i'll likely park next to it someday it's dry and crawl underneath the rear and inspect. i'll report back what i find.
hopefully it has 17" wheels on it since that's what i have (for comparison).

#17 ·
Everyone here is talking about the 2017 refresh, not the '13-'16

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.