4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

Help with radio removal, 2013 Escape base audio (4.2" display)

Experiencing the symptoms of a failing audio control module (radio).
Can't seem to fine a video or specific instructions for removal of the radio control panel.
Could use a hint on a proper starting approach. Would it be one of these?

A) 1st remove the bottom center vent and then you will find two screws to remove (like on the focus) which hold the bottom of the radio control panel in place.

OR

B) 1st remove the top panel, remove all the 4.2" screen, remove all screws, pry top tray off which then reveals two screws attaching the top of the radio control panel.

I truly did search this forum and looked for youtube video.
Any advise would be welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgi_tom View Post

B) 1st remove the top panel, remove all the 4.2" screen, remove all screws, pry top tray off which then reveals two screws attaching the top of the radio control panel.

Closer to this^

EDIT - Download this for some clear step-by-step illustrated instructions for removal of your 4.2" screen ACM: Metra dash kit installation instructions - steps 1 through 6

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

Thank you so very much for the video

I just purchased some cheap trim removal tools and look forward to removing the ACM without making a mess of the dash.
post #5 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago

Goodluck, think twice
chrisgb likes this.
post #6 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago

Just FYI, at least on the US Escape there's no need to separate the center speaker grille from the surrounding upper trim piece (and risk damage to the grille tabs) as shown early in that video - the upper trim piece will pop off quite nicely with the 'grille' intact on the surrounding trim as one assembly.

Hint - if any of the 'clips' that fit on a trim piece 'tab' stay in the 'slots' those fit into, transfer those clips back to the male tabs to facilitate easier reassembly.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

I removed the ACM, and ordered a matching unit from ebay !

Thank you centex for the instructions and thank you FLA242 for the video.
Good to know that the Ford KUGA is the European and Asian version of our Escape.

This forum rocks !
centex and chrisgb like this.
post #8 of 11 Old 5 Days Ago Thread Starter

Thumbs up Base audio ACM successfully replaced

Just installed my $35 used ACM from ebay. It was the same mode number as the original so it works perfectly !
Called Sirius to change over to the new ESN, so that works as well. They did charge a one time $15 fee for the change.
Thanks again to centex and FLA242 for much needed information. This was so much better that paying FORD $700-$800
centex likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 1 Day Ago

Did you need to do any configuration or programming with the new module? I need a new ACM for my 2015 escape se base sync radio. Which link did you use on ebay? They have many listed but the part numbers vary.
post #10 of 11 Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmoyer23 View Post
Did you need to do any configuration or programming with the new module? .....
The only way to assuredly avoid a need for reprogramming is to keep searching and install an ACM with the exact same PN as your original (which is what @tgi_tom said he did for his "plug-and-play" solution).

Other PNs may be plug-and-play but unless you buy from a knowledgeable and reputable seller who guarantees that you are taking your chances IMO.