LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 03-23-2018 Thread Starter

Vibration under power

Hi all,

2014 SE 1.6t here with 110k. Recently my car has begun vibrating under power at highway speeds. As soon as I let of the accelerator the shaking stops. when it first started it felt similar to a wheel out of balance, but after rotation it continued, and now it has gotten progressively more violent. I have recently replaced the drivers side CV axle which did not solve it, passenger side CV axle seems fine. I took it to the shop for an oil change and to get the coolant level sensor installed and it seemed to be better for a week after being in the shop, but has since started occurring again. Also only seems to happen after driving for 10+ minutes. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else experienced something similar? My next thought would be motor or trans mounts, as it sometimes feels rough when shifting between park, reverse, and gas. If not than I suspect an issue with the transaxle. Any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-23-2018

Model: SE
Model Year: 2014
Engine: 2.0
Drivetrain:FWD
Notice in your other post that this is an AWD Escape. Just mentioning here as that may bear on replies from others offering substantive comment (not me).

Good luck finding the problem.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen; 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone.
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old 03-23-2018

Model Year: 2017
Drivetrain:FWD
Garage
My thinking as well on the engine or tranny mounts.

2017 Ford Escape SE
Black with Black
2.0 Ecoboost
201A Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 03-23-2018

Garage
My two cents... I had engine mounts damaged, noisy driveshaft. All replaced along with PTO... Nevertheless no vibration whatsoever. Not saying it can't happen but that my experience.

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

2013 1.6T Escape SE 4WD on Tuxedo Black (built JUN-12) - Door "Wolf" sill protectors Front/Rear - after market rear view mirror with integrated display for rear view camera - aftermarket rear parking sensors - aftermarket LED DRL's.
post #5 of 17 Old 12-29-2018

J2fitzy, did you solve your problem? I have the exact same issue on my 2014 AWD Escape. No issue at low speed/gear acceleration. Only vibration in engine/front area at highway speed under acceleration or uphill load. Goes away under no load.
post #6 of 17 Old 03-10-2019

Mine does this randomly. Curious how often the carrier bearings in these fail.
post #7 of 17 Old 03-13-2019

Have you replaced the TPU (transfer case) fluid ever? Can you provide any more details on frequency of the vibration?
post #8 of 17 Old 03-16-2019

I have a similar issue as the OP. I’m guessing trans / engine mounts. I have the 2.5l base though.
post #9 of 17 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2013
Engine: 1.6
Drivetrain:AWD
Question 2013 Escape SEL vibrations when applying gas

I have been having this same issue for the past 4 months and my current mechanic doesn't seem to know the cause of the issue. No vibration when coasting, just when applying gas. Vibration has varying levels. Sometimes minor, sometimes very severe. I've had it vibrate severely, then release the gas to smooth the ride out, then apply gas again and the vibration is minimal. Any thoughts?

2013 SEL 1.6 ECO 4WD
Kodiak Brown Metallic
Medium Light Stone Leather Interior
Panoramic Moonroof
Husky Black Weatherbeaters (Interior)
WeatherTech Black Cargo Liner
WingKing Spoiler
post #10 of 17 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2013
Drivetrain:AWD
Garage
Half Shafts!!!
I just thought of this!
Rack and pinion steering!!
Inner and outer tie rods may be bad!
Jack up car one side at a time and pull on the tire back and forth with both hands on tire! one hand on front of tire and the other on the back of the tire
If you get any movement or play as we call it your tie rods need to be Replaced!!!!!