LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Model Year: 2018
Engine: 2.0
Drivetrain:FWD
Garage
2018 escape titanium

Traded in our 2013 escape Titanium(wife's car). I had been considering some other brands; Hyundai Tucson, Mazda CX-5, VW Tiguan but decided to get another Escape.

Got a used 2018 Escape Titanium with 4,100 miles. Safe & Smart package, panorama sunroof, Ruby red, Towing option. The car was first registered in Dec. of 2017.

Drove to Nevada from SoCal to buy it.

Still trying to get up to speed on the Sync 3 which seems to be a significant upgrade from the MFT.

A couple of questions, I got both our Iphones to pair with no issues. I tried to set up the message feature but it doesn't seem to work.

I've attached a pic of the sync info to show what I have installed now.

After the car has been sitting for awhile with the ignition off, when opening either the driver's or front passenger doors, I get a pretty loud buzzing sound for a 1/2 second or so. Sounds like a loud electric motor hum or like a fuel pump priming.

I can't really tell where it's coming from because it ends so quickly. Has me baffled and it didn't do it on the old 2013 I traded in.

Last question, where is the best place to buy the Ford ESP Premium Care warranty?

On my 2013 I bought it from Troy Ford out of Ohio. Any other recommendations?

Appreciate any input. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SYNC 3 VERSION.jpg (339.3 KB, 26 views)

2018 Escape Titanium
Ruby Red
Safe & Smart
Towing package
Stone interior
Panoramic roof
18" wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Model: Titanium
Model Year: 2014
Drivetrain:AWD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIREMAN View Post
Traded in our 2013 escape Titanium(wife's car). I had been considering some other brands; Hyundai Tucson, Mazda CX-5, VW Tiguan but decided to get another Escape.

Got a used 2018 Escape Titanium with 4,100 miles. Safe & Smart package, panorama sunroof, Ruby red, Towing option. The car was first registered in Dec. of 2017.

Still trying to get up to speed on the Sync 3 which seems to be a significant upgrade from the MFT.

A couple of questions, I got both our Iphones to pair with no issues. I tried to set up the message feature but it doesn't seem to work.

After the car has been sitting for awhile with the ignition off, when opening either the driver's or front passenger doors, I get a pretty loud buzzing sound for a 1/2 second or so. Sounds like a loud electric motor hum or like a fuel pump priming.

I can't really tell where it's coming from because it ends so quickly. Has me baffled and it didn't do it on the old 2013 I traded in.

Last question, where is the best place to buy the Ford ESP Premium Care warranty?

Please don’t include all your questions in one post. There is a lot of existing information for purchasing Ford ESP. Search is your friend.

2014 Ruby Red Titanium 2.0 AWD
401A, Technology, Sony w/nav, 19" Wheels, Tonneau cover

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2017
Garage
I'd suggest you do a price check with Flood and Lombard Ford. I've made ESP purchases from those two due to their competitive pricing.

Tall Timbers

2017 Escape Titanium AWD 2.0L, 301A, Tow Package, ACC, Shadow Black - 2018 Ford F-250 Superduty 4X4 crewcab longbed 6.2L Platinum Shadow Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIREMAN View Post

Don't know about your other questions but my SYNC3 is now version 3 and build no. now is 18093 and map version is the same as yours.

You may need to do a Sync3 update by USB or wifi. Google is your friend.

Also the buzzing sound you speak of is normal I think as I get that sometimes.

NSW, Australia.
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2 litre AWD Ruby red with Tech. pack
post #5 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Waugh View Post
Don't know about your other questions but my SYNC3 is now version 3 and build no. now is 18093 and map version is the same as yours.

10-4 Since yours is version 3 I will check for an update. I assume that is at the Ford owners website.

2018 Escape Titanium
Ruby Red
Safe & Smart
Towing package
Stone interior
Panoramic roof
18" wheels
post #6 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
I'd suggest you do a price check with Flood and Lombard Ford. I've made ESP purchases from those two due to their competitive pricing.
Thanks. Lombard Ford not competitive. Flood similar to Troy and Ziegler.

2018 Escape Titanium
Ruby Red
Safe & Smart
Towing package
Stone interior
Panoramic roof
18" wheels
post #7 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Waugh View Post

The buzzing sound, from my research, is an issue with the in tank fuel pump check valve leaking or losing it's prime.

I don't think this is, or should be normal. Never an issue with my 2013 2.0 Titanium with 58K miles.

2018 Escape Titanium
Ruby Red
Safe & Smart
Towing package
Stone interior
Panoramic roof
18" wheels
post #8 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago

The fuel pump noise has been in my 2018 since I bought it. It seems to happen when you open a door. Maybe to get quicker starting?

2018 Titanium 2.0L Eco, AWD, white gold, factory tow package, lane keeping tech package
post #9 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Engine: D 1.5L
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirolian View Post
The fuel pump noise has been in my 2018 since I bought it. It seems to happen when you open a door. Maybe to get quicker starting?
Exactly. the prime sequence is keyed to the door rather than the ignition, so that the fuel line is fully primed before you turn the key/push start.
Mine's hummed or squawked since I bought it. years ago, I installed a momentary switch in parallel with the fuel pump lead on my fuel pump-equipped motorcycle. Because when starting it after not running for 2-3 weeks or more, the starter would grind away while the fuel system was being primed. Hit my switch for a few seconds before cranking, and it would fire immediately.

2018 Escape SEL 4WD Black/Black leather, 1.5L I4 Ecoboost, 6spd auto.,
Vista roof, Safe & Smart pkg, Sync Connect w/Ford Pass
2009 Mercury Mariner base, 3.0 V6 AWD Red met./Black cloth, sunroof, Dronemobile Remote Start w/app
2017 Suzuki V Strom 650 ABS
1980 Kawasaki KZ750 E1