• 1 Post By SteveTurbo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Model Year: 2014
Engine: 1.6
Drivetrain:FWD
Garage
So Long and thanks for the help!

Wednesday Carvana took my 2014 Escape Titanium away. They did leave me with a 2016 BMW i3 Rex so it was a good day.

I know forums like this are filled with people having car problems, but I drove the Escape 2 years and 40k miles with no issues whatsoever. I paid to have the transmission flushed at the dealer ($210) and put tires on it and an alignment ($800), and di 4 oil changes at home ($30 each). I did have the door lock and radiator bottle recalls done at the dealer ($0). The car ran flawless, two trips to Oklahoma, five to Mickey, and one to New York State. Also made two trips to Marion VA towing my motorcycle trailer in the mountains, and pulled dozens of trailer trips with two yards of mulch on it.

At first I thought the moderators here were overbearing combining threads and such, but I've realized it's more of a function of me not knowing what to search for. This is one of the best run forums with the best information and advice from any I've ever used.

I'll be lurking here, I still browse Porsche forums from a car I sold in 2011, I do have a stock of spare parts in the garage, I'll be posting them here or on eBay in the next week or so.

Thanks again to everyone's help, It was a great ride!

2014 Escape Titanium. FWD 1.6l. Our new family truckster.
Draw Tite Hitch
Sync 2 Nav Hack
Magnaflow SS Cat Back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2017
Engine: 2.0
Drivetrain:AWD
Garage
Good luck with your Beamer. You may be dreaming of another Escape before too long...
Archtop Bill likes this.

Tall Timbers

2017 Escape Titanium AWD 2.0L, 301A, Tow Package, ACC, Shadow Black - 2018 Ford F-250 Superduty 4X4 crewcab longbed 6.2L Platinum Shadow Black
post #3 of 5 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Engine: 1.6
Garage
Actually we had such a great experience with the 2014, I was shopping for a 2017 Escape or even a Transit Connect. Was searching for Titanium with synch 3. Got too good of deal on the i3. Carvana gave me $10.6k trade in.

2014 Escape Titanium. FWD 1.6l. Our new family truckster.
Draw Tite Hitch
Sync 2 Nav Hack
Magnaflow SS Cat Back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Model Year: 2013
Drivetrain:AWD
Good luck with your new car.
Tall Timbers likes this.

2013 2.0L AWD Titanium, Titanium Technology Package, Silver Ingot
post #5 of 5 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by N41EF View Post
Actually we had such a great experience with the 2014, I was shopping for a 2017 Escape or even a Transit Connect. Was searching for Titanium with synch 3. Got too good of deal on the i3. Carvana gave me $10.6k trade in.
Good Luck with your new/used car.
The one thing I do not like about the Escapes is their low trade-in value. We have a 2014 SE with the 2.0l engine, except for the panorama roof, pretty basic. I also installed a Draw-Tite hitch but aftermarket mods add little to the resale value. It's in great shape with 61K miles. We purchased it used in March, 2014 with 8K miles on it for $19K. The MSRP was $29,135. KBB average trade-in value in excellent condition is now $10.4K. An on-line Carvana offer was also $10.4K. Carmax's offer was $10K. That's a big hit even from the used price. So far mechanically no problems, so it's a keeper, for now.

2014 Ingot Silver Escape SE FWD, 2.0L, panorama roof, no roof rails

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page