169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #591 of 595 Old 02-14-2019

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uker View Post
Storage space in the console (coins, pen, phone etc.)

More room for the driver's legs.

I'm 6'2" and fit OK! How tall are you?
Roche likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #592 of 595 Old 02-15-2019

Garage
Could he have meant side-to-side?

2018 Escape SEL 4WD Black/Black leather, 1.5L I4 Ecoboost, 6spd auto.,
Vista roof, Safe & Smart pkg, Sync Connect w/Ford Pass
2009 Mercury Mariner base, 3.0 V6 AWD Red met./Black cloth, sunroof, Dronemobile Remote Start w/app
2017 Suzuki V Strom 650 ABS
1980 Kawasaki KZ750 E1
post #593 of 595 Old 02-20-2019

The poor performance modification support, or lack thereof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #594 of 595 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Garage
Rhino lined inner fenders installed, so far so good, slush still collects but not nearly as bad and it is much easier to remove.
post #595 of 595 Old 1 Week Ago

I had leased a 2015 Ford Edge for 3 years, and it was a decent SUV. At the end of the lease, decided to get something a little easier to drive for my wife, who is 5" tall on a good day. Picked up a new Canyon Ridge Metallic 2017 Escape Titanium AWD 2.0 EcoBoost.

Having had it for a little over a year, I've found that it's pretty easy to live with. Fairly peppy for a small SUV, AWD works well. Although the seats aren't the most comfortable for me (seat cushion is too short, feels like I'm sitting in a jump seat), it's comfy and easy to drive for my wife. Easy to park, easy to drive. Panoramic roof is nice. Sony stereo is very good. Sync 3 generally works very well.

Things I don't like? Gas mileage is nothing to write home about. More boost than eco. Got almost as good gas mileage in my 2015 Ford Edge with the 3.5 V6. Would much prefer a V6 with similar power to a turbo 4 engine. A V6 sounds better and has a smoother delivery of power.

The gas cap is on the wrong side, but that's just a small annoyance. What is really annoying is the start/stop and the lack of ability to turn the cabin lights on and off, or to switch them off so that they don't come on automatically when you shut the vehicle off. At least you can deactivate the stop/start nonsense with a button.

Hate the foot activated tailgate, which would either open when I didn't want it to while I was cleaning the back glass, or close on my head when I was reaching in to grab groceries. A simple fuse pull solved that annoyance.

The most annoying thing about the vehicle is that the backup camera sometimes will not work when first starting the vehicle in the morning. It says that there is a trailer attached. There is no trailer attached. Sometimes it doesn't say that a trailer is attached, but the backup camera still doesn't work. I get to the store, go in and grab my Pop Tarts, then get in the Escape and the backup camera works fine. Weird. I'm going to search the forum and see if anyone else has this problem. Hate to take time to go to the dealer if there is a simple reboot or fix for it.

All in all, a nice SUV, but will probably talk my wife into a little bigger vehicle next time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page