2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjpe View Post
drop the 2.5?are you nuts. our escape , 2017 model S has no trouble with the 2.5 and it gets 32-35 mpg on the highway 24-26 around the city. you want Ford to drop it. let me tell you something. we are better off with the 2.5 which has only 10 hp less that the dang 1.5 which I have heard and lousy powerplants. they are turbocharged and something can always go wrong with the turbos. I don't have to worry about that on the 2.5. y ou need to think about other ford drivers, not yourself.
Ford is being stupid these days, high prices. I guess what they are trying to do is sell to the rich and famous only. lol them dropping powerplants in favor of turbocharged engines only is also stupid. there are people like me who wants to own a vehicle without the **** turbos, less maintenance, less things to worry about. have a great day sir..

I agree completely. I'll never buy a turbo, nor a direct injected engine, for a daily driver.
I intend to keep my daily drivers for many years, and run them to around 300,000 to 500,000 miles before replacing, and neither turbo nor DI engines have proven capable of lasting that long without major service.

I much prefer keeping a car I'm familiar with as long as possible, as it usually takes me a couple years just to get them setup the way I want.

My old 2004 Focus 2.3 Duratec has over 270,000 miles, has never had so much as the cam cover off, and still uses no oil in a 10,000 mile change interval. It literally runs the same as it did when new, and I fully expect it to go over 500,000 with no trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement