I am new here, my work vehicle is now a 2017 Ford Escape SE with Tech package White FWD, 1.5L EcoBoost.
I own a 2014 RAV4 Limited AWD with Tech package and many other options (only 17k miles on the RAV4).
I would trade in my RAV4 in a heart beat (if my wife would let me) for a 2017 Escape, I can not believe how better it drives compared to my RAV, besides all the tech compared to my RAV that cost me $$$$$ more than what I can get an Escape for with my options I want.
Things I like better on the Ford 2017 Escape than my RAV 4
1. So much quieter, big difference, I get lots of engine noise on the RAV.
2. Sync 3 radio makes the RAV4 radio a pile of junk.
2a. So much better XM reception (Toyota has an issue with this as I find it bad on other models and vehicles from Toyota also)
2b. Much better bluetooth audio quality, actually its perfect on the escape.
2c. Much better FM bass than the RAV4 with JBL (my ongoing major complaint with the RAV4)
2d. Apple car play is perfect, once you use it you can't live without it.
3. Drives a slight better than the RAV4, I find a touch tighter in the steering that I like better than the RAV4.
4. Tighter area in the front (most likely due to the nicer noise reduction), I like this as I like to feel like I am in a tight cockpit.
5. Love the emergency brake step on gas and it auto disengages.
6. Love the placement of steering wheel control placement.
7. Auto headlights work perfectly, RAV4 works but (I don't know how to say it) clunky.
8. AC/Heater is quieter.
9. Auto up and down on all 4 windows.
10. Slightly less bumpy ride.
RAV4 (2014) likes over the 2017 Escape
1. More room front , middle , and back, thought I personally like the escape size.
2. Wider front seats, though I love the escape narrower seats with no problems.
3. I have a button to lock all 4 wheels under 25mph only, nice to know its there for maybe the one time I may actually use it.
4. Never had a problem with the RAV4 (except the no bass on FM with the JBL upgraded radio that Toyota claims gets me better fuel milage that we all know is B* when I get bass on any other input)
5. Trade in value is high.
I took delivery last Tuesday and the 2017 Escape SE going in for service next Tuesday,
1. Rear hatch is not closing properly at times (manual one not the automatic version)
2. All blind spot sensor system is not working was intermittent last week.
3. Back up camera is not working at all as of today.
I hope this escape is reliable, as I keep trying to persuade my wife to trade in the RAV4, but getting nowhere yet.