6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 05-13-2016 Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

2017 Ford Escape Review

Quote:
<span class="quoteStyle">The Canadian Rockies may not be the most obvious pick for a vacation: There are no beaches, no modern architecture or fancy world-class museums and itís definitely not known for its drug-fuelled full moon parties.
</span>

<p class="p1">But once you get a chance to drive through it, the staggering and infinitely Instagrammable beauty of the snow capped mountains, a fresh piney smell that reminds you of Christmas, and the zoo of wild animals like bears, elk, and ram just outside your window make you start wondering why more people donít come here to get away.

<p class="p1">In the same way, the Ford Escape may not be the most obvious choice for a compact crossover. Like an all-inclusive beach resort, most people will gravitate towards a Honda CR-V or a Toyota RAV4, but once you drive the new 2017 Ford Escape, you come to appreciate that it also has a lot to offer, just like the Canadian Rockies. Especially if you only buy domestic cars, the Ford is leagues ahead of its Chevy competition.

<p class="p1">The Ford Escape has always been a top seller in the compact crossover segment, and itís the second best-selling Ford model after the F-150. It was starting to feel dated, but the refreshed 2017 Ford Escape finally gets the infusion of technology that will make it more competitive. Technology is the Escapeís defining feature, just like the one defining feature of the Canadian Rockies is the raw, elemental natural beauty.

Read more about the 2017 Ford Escape Review at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-14-2016

It makes me want to buy one and then put pine air freshener in the car while listening to Celine Dion. Am I buying an Escape or going to Canada? I'm confused.

But seriously, I have always liked what they did with the crossovers and the '17 is starting to look like a real improvement on a model that didn't really need one..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 06-14-2016

Engine: 1.6
Drivetrain:AWD
I agree since I just purchased a 17 Escape SE 2wd 1.5 eco. I am amazed how much power is extracted from such a small displacement engine. The first 125 miles yielded 22.4 mpg combined. Very quiet smooth ride. The handling is very good. Only gripe would be the touchy electric power steering. The console is a leap foward compared to previous model escapes. There is alot more space for phones, drinks etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Sternn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-01-2016

Model Year: 2017
Engine: 2.0
Hi,
I am new here, my work vehicle is now a 2017 Ford Escape SE with Tech package White FWD, 1.5L EcoBoost.

I own a 2014 RAV4 Limited AWD with Tech package and many other options (only 17k miles on the RAV4).

I would trade in my RAV4 in a heart beat (if my wife would let me) for a 2017 Escape, I can not believe how better it drives compared to my RAV, besides all the tech compared to my RAV that cost me $$$$$ more than what I can get an Escape for with my options I want.

Things I like better on the Ford 2017 Escape than my RAV 4
1. So much quieter, big difference, I get lots of engine noise on the RAV.
2. Sync 3 radio makes the RAV4 radio a pile of junk.
2a. So much better XM reception (Toyota has an issue with this as I find it bad on other models and vehicles from Toyota also)
2b. Much better bluetooth audio quality, actually its perfect on the escape.
2c. Much better FM bass than the RAV4 with JBL (my ongoing major complaint with the RAV4)
2d. Apple car play is perfect, once you use it you can't live without it.
3. Drives a slight better than the RAV4, I find a touch tighter in the steering that I like better than the RAV4.
4. Tighter area in the front (most likely due to the nicer noise reduction), I like this as I like to feel like I am in a tight cockpit.
5. Love the emergency brake step on gas and it auto disengages.
6. Love the placement of steering wheel control placement.
7. Auto headlights work perfectly, RAV4 works but (I don't know how to say it) clunky.
8. AC/Heater is quieter.
9. Auto up and down on all 4 windows.
10. Slightly less bumpy ride.

RAV4 (2014) likes over the 2017 Escape
1. More room front , middle , and back, thought I personally like the escape size.
2. Wider front seats, though I love the escape narrower seats with no problems.
3. I have a button to lock all 4 wheels under 25mph only, nice to know its there for maybe the one time I may actually use it.
4. Never had a problem with the RAV4 (except the no bass on FM with the JBL upgraded radio that Toyota claims gets me better fuel milage that we all know is B* when I get bass on any other input)
5. Trade in value is high.

I took delivery last Tuesday and the 2017 Escape SE going in for service next Tuesday,
1. Rear hatch is not closing properly at times (manual one not the automatic version)
2. All blind spot sensor system is not working was intermittent last week.
3. Back up camera is not working at all as of today.

I hope this escape is reliable, as I keep trying to persuade my wife to trade in the RAV4, but getting nowhere yet.
post #5 of 15 Old 09-14-2017

Just a heads up. our 2017 SE 1.5 is now in the shop with the power steering pump deciding not to work when cornering. We are at 17K. Just a heads up. Ford will not declare they know this is a common problem.
Bilbo_B likes this.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-23-2017

2017 Review

Hi folks. I am new to the site. I just purchased a 2017 Titanium escape with all the bells and whistles. I received a great end of year deal so I traded in my BMW 535 I Xdrive for the Escape (gulp). I have 24 miles on it so far. I will update this thread if and when problems occur. Thanks for having me
post #7 of 15 Old 12-23-2017

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formathe View Post
Just a heads up. our 2017 SE 1.5 is now in the shop with the power steering pump deciding not to work when cornering. We are at 17K. Just a heads up. Ford will not declare they know this is a common problem.
A little late to this but a couple of comments.

First, on the post I quoted: since the 2017 has electric power steering, there is no steering pump. So the OP has absolutely no idea what they are talking about, though they may have a problem. Since they are so ill-informed, any comment about Ford acknowledging a "common problem" is in doubt.

Also, a comment further up the page about the RAV4 being able to "lock all 4 wheels under 25mph". That's not true at all -- there aren't lockers in the front and rear differentials AFIK. All you are doing is locking it into AWD mode all the time. May be helpful, but you don't have locked 4WD.

"Black Box" - '17 Shadow Black Ti w/2.0, 4WD, 300A, Nav, Vista Roof, Sport Appearance Pkg. (mine)
Mods: Debadge; Bugflector II; 35% front tint; VHF/UHF radio; Sync3 v3.0; "Double-honk", "Bambi", "Global Windows" hacks
"Ramblin' Rose" - '18 Ruby Red Ti w/2.0, 4WD, 400A, Nav, Vista Roof (the wife's)
Mods: None (yet)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 15 Old 12-23-2017

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickltc View Post
Hi folks. I am new to the site. I just purchased a 2017 Titanium escape with all the bells and whistles. I received a great end of year deal so I traded in my BMW 535 I Xdrive for the Escape (gulp). I have 24 miles on it so far. I will update this thread if and when problems occur. Thanks for having me
Well, there's a forum area for introducing yourself, so some folks might miss you here but welcome! I have a fairly loaded Titanium lacking really only the 301A extra tech (which I didn't want/need) and I love my car. Bought it in late September and already have over 5000 miles on it (I travel for business sometimes). Been a great car and the wife has a 2017.

Enjoy! And, if you have a problem, just take it in and get it fixed. Ignore the nay-sayers and people who just have problems with their anger. These are good cars.
Agentl074 likes this.

"Black Box" - '17 Shadow Black Ti w/2.0, 4WD, 300A, Nav, Vista Roof, Sport Appearance Pkg. (mine)
Mods: Debadge; Bugflector II; 35% front tint; VHF/UHF radio; Sync3 v3.0; "Double-honk", "Bambi", "Global Windows" hacks
"Ramblin' Rose" - '18 Ruby Red Ti w/2.0, 4WD, 400A, Nav, Vista Roof (the wife's)
Mods: None (yet)

post #9 of 15 Old 12-23-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriggs View Post
A little late to this but a couple of comments.

First, on the post I quoted: since the 2017 has electric power steering, there is no steering pump. So the OP has absolutely no idea what they are talking about, though they may have a problem. Since they are so ill-informed, any comment about Ford acknowledging a "common problem" is in doubt.

Also, a comment further up the page about the RAV4 being able to "lock all 4 wheels under 25mph". That's not true at all -- there aren't lockers in the front and rear differentials AFIK. All you are doing is locking it into AWD mode all the time. May be helpful, but you don't have locked 4WD.
Agreed. If you need diff lock under 25 mph you need to start seriously questioning why you bought a CUV instead of something more dedicated to offroading. Because who needs that kind of low speed grip with such frequency on paved roads
johngriggs likes this.

2017 SE 2.0L AWD
Sport Package
201A Package
Cold Weather Package
Class II towing
Sync 3 Connect + AA/Carplay/Ford Pass
post #10 of 15 Old 12-23-2017

the sensor on the steering rack was the fault and it has a history going back to the end of year 2015 doing the same thing. The entire rack had to be replaced. That's why the rack was so conveniently located at a local dealer in Barrie to keep one on hand.
johngriggs likes this.