8Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Unread 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Looking for easy ideas

Looking to see if anyone would like to share some simple ideas to do to a 2016 FE 2.0 eco-boost. I know EVERYTHING cost money, but I would like to do some stuff without breaking the bank. I know I would like to do a cold air intake but WOW... In time I guess. I by all means do not want to copy people, but I like getting input from others so I don't make things look goofy. (I have accomplished this before)

By the way, this is my newest vehicle I have ever owned, I have always drove bombers, just got tired of wondering if I was gonna get from A to B. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Unread 3 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2014
Engine: 2.0
Drivetrain:FWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
.... I have always drove bombers, just got tired of wondering if I was gonna get from A to B. ...
If you want the ultimate in predictable long-term reliability, don't do any 'engine / drivetrain mods', from the front of the intake to the tip of the exhaust. Just diligently keep up the scheduled maintenance with quality fluids, full-synthetic oil, and Motorcraft filters.

Satisfy your urge to personalize with convenience items and aesthetic tweaks - there's no end to ideas for those low-cost mods here and they won't jeopardize your critical A-to-B reliability and longevity one bit.

IMO, just sayin'

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Unread 3 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2017
Drivetrain:AWD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by centex View Post
Satisfy your urge to personalize with convenience items and aesthetic tweaks - there's no end to ideas for those low-cost mods here and they won't jeopardize your critical A-to-B reliability and longevity one bit.
I can't stress this enough. My Escape is a 2017 and I have done nothing but aesthetics. I replaced my hi/low beams to 6000k LED, replaced the interior/license plate/reverse/puddle lights with white LED, tinted the windows, painted the brake calipers, installed a wing, and I recently vinyl wrapped the roof/he/door handles/grille in gloss black. Next I'll be replacing the emblems to match the black/blue, then installing an OEM shark fin antenna. Maybe I'll upgrade the subwoofer or something after that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
MoneyPit1946 and 02fordsvt like this.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - White Platinum - Sport Appearance Package
300A/Navigation/Panoramic Vista Sunroof/Adaptive Cruise Control/Remote Start/Rear-View Camera/All-Weather Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Unread 3 Weeks Ago

Garage
Oh, and I'm going to be installing some wide mud flaps as well. I'll set mine to be a little wider than the picture though.

Rally Armor MF12-BAS-BLK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C3AIOTY...p_mob_ap_share

300A/Navigation/Panoramic Vista Sunroof/Adaptive Cruise Control/Remote Start/Rear-View Camera/All-Weather Floor Mats
post #5 of 14 Unread 3 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2013
Garage
For performance, check out the Focus ST forums. It's the same engine so you'll get some good resources over there. Also, search for snorkel delete in the DIY section on this forum along with air filter threads.

For visual and other mods, depends on what you want for your end product. I've only had mine for two months so haven't delved in too deeply yet but here's the starting point. Plasidipped wheels, lightly tinted tails, debadged and wiper delete. Sorry for the crap covered pictures, winter is a lovely thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52486481_10211065355504704_6893501150931189760_n.jpg (143.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 53678739_10211194116963660_2295688735863341056_n.jpg (104.0 KB, 34 views)

2002 Ford Focus SVT
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2013 Ford Escape SEL 2.0
post #6 of 14 Unread 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

So I was looking at the plassi-dip (spelling I know) at my local walmart. It's in a spray can. How did you guys do yours? I am wondering how to do it without removing the tire if it is possible. I have a black escape and I thought it would look slick all blacked out. I don't wanna sound lazy but I don't have a tire machine or balancer to put them back on and people around here want $20 per tire to do it. Thanks for the ideas, and keep them coming...lol
post #7 of 14 Unread 2 Weeks Ago

Garage
What exactly are you looking to plasti-dip? It sounds like you're talking about the wheels but I'm not 100% sure.

post #8 of 14 Unread 2 Weeks Ago

Garage
Plastidip peels right off obviously (kind of it's whole purpose) so you can spray the wheels without protecting the tires and peel the over spray off afterwords. You can even do it right on the vehicle. I would suggest stuffing the wheels with newspapers so you don't get over spray onto any of the brake components. No tape, just stuff through the spokes until the wheels are full.

If you are still concerned about getting over spray on the tires, take a deck of card and stick them in between the wheel and tire. Not my picture but should give you the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0840.jpg (708.2 KB, 26 views)

2002 Ford Focus SVT
2013 Ford Escape SEL 2.0
post #9 of 14 Unread 2 Weeks Ago

Garage
Oh yeah, and quick tip, get the Glossifier. It will look a million times better than just flat black.

2002 Ford Focus SVT
2013 Ford Escape SEL 2.0
post #10 of 14 Unread 2 Weeks Ago

Model Year: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Looking to see if anyone would like to share some simple ideas to do to a 2016 FE 2.0 eco-boost. I know EVERYTHING cost money, but I would like to do some stuff without breaking the bank. I know I would like to do a cold air intake but WOW... In time I guess. I by all means do not want to copy people, but I like getting input from others so I don't make things look goofy. (I have accomplished this before)

By the way, this is my newest vehicle I have ever owned, I have always drove bombers, just got tired of wondering if I was gonna get from A to B. Thanks in advance.

If you're interested, I have a K & N E-9289 (removeable plug) air filter. It only has about 15,000 miles on it. I just ordered a new Ford Edge and it will not fit. I'll sell it for $25.00 plus shipping to your location. PM me if you're interested.

2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve AWD
White Platinum w/Hazelnut leather interior
2.3L Ecoboost
Equipment group 300A
Technology Package (Sync 3 v3.0)
Climate Package
18" Wheels

Built 1/27/17

2011 Escape Limited 4WD, 3.0 V-6
Steel Blue w/Charcoal black leather
Loaded