2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start a slow rolling build thread for this little fella. Bought this 2013 Ford Escape SEL with the lovely 2.0t in January of this year (2019). Currently has 92,000 miles and runs like a charm. Just got the last bit of warranty work done at the dealer last week so now every thing works perfectly as it should and I plan on keeping it that way. Don't know where the modding is going to lead me but I've always been a tinkerer who's not afraid to cut things up and make my own goodies so this could be interesting. But first up, some of the simpler upgrade to get the job done.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First up, winter wheels and tires. They originally came off my old 2006 Volvo XC70 so it was a big plus that they swapped right over. Just needed a set of hub ring. Also ditched the OEM lug nuts that came on the Escape in favor of a set of black lug nuts.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And lastly, where we sit today with a wiper delete, debadged, and lightly tinted taillights. Technically, the taillights still need to be polished up but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First major custom project for the Escape. Opened up a set of mirror side lights, blacked out the inside and installed an LED strip to replace the single bulb. Should have been this way from the factory IMO. Absolutely love the results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice thread you have going here.
Did you do the wheel dip your self?

Those mirrors what strips did you buy? Wonder if i picked up a set for my SE if i could get them working as i dont have the lighted mirrors

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dipped the wheels myself. Checkout youtube for some good how-to's if your looking at doing your own.

The mirrors came on my Escape from the factory. I'm not sure if all Escape were prewired or not. If they aren't, all it would take is a wire from the front turn signals up to the mirror although getting through to the doors is always fun.

As for the LED strips, here's the ones I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Purishion-Universal-Flexible-Integrated-Motorcycle/dp/B01L8YZ0GU/ref=sr_1_24?keywords=amber+LED+strip&qid=1560078554&s=gateway&sr=8-24

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Latest little addition: Made and installed a carbon fiber front badge. And yes, it's the real thing. Not some fake vinyl or overlay.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next majorly minor thing: took the ugly chrome hatch trim piece, shaved the Ford badge off, and color matched it. The cleaner and simpler the look, the happier I am.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Now to start cleaning up the front end.

View attachment 75131
Looking good.

You need my brand new front skid plate. Get rid of the front silver diaper.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys!

Definitely starting with the chrome up front next. Not sure if I'll start with the headlights or the side vents, but in typical fashion, I've got several ideas rolling around in my head for both so it wont be a simple plastidip job.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Thanks guys!

Definitely starting with the chrome up front next. Not sure if I'll start with the headlights or the side vents, but in typical fashion, I've got several ideas rolling around in my head for both so it wont be a simple plastidip job.
So you don’t want my black front skid plate? I’m about to send it to the landfill.

·
Registered
70 Posts
For the fake side vents, you can actually buy the 2017 and newer black sport trim ones and they fit with very little modification. Just cut the front tab off and replace with a small pad of 3M trim tape. I tried stripping the chrome off and repainting mine first and they just didn't look quite right. I can get a picture after work today if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts