2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'd love to see pictures.

I'm actually mid project on the side vents right now and I'll probably have pictures tomorrow or later in the weekend, but I'm always open to alternatives if I get sick of what I have right now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Please excuse how dirty it is. But I think the new side vents on the '13-'16 body look good.

I'm interested to see what you do with the headlights! That's one I've been contemplating for a while now. Can't decide what to do with mine and yours will definitely be the inspiration.

Edit: tried to make it less "hijacky"

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'll delete it if you really think it's hijacking the thread. I didn't post pictures originally but gave him the option if he wanted to see

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Please excuse how dirty it is. But I think the new side vents on the '13-'16 body look good.

I'm interested to see what you do with the headlights! That's one I've been contemplating for a while now. Can't decide what to do with mine and yours will definitely be the inspiration.

Edit: tried to make it less "hijacky" View attachment 75156
That does look a lot better than the original vents. I do like that style without all the face mesh. Your vehicles looking great!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
As for the headlights, right now I'm leaning towards just opening them up, paint the housings black, and leaving it at that for now. In the future I'm really torn whether to retrofit these OEM lights or go aftermarket. There's only a couple aftermarket ones I like but they are well above what I'm willing to pay right now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As for the headlights, right now I'm leaning towards just opening them up, paint the housings black, and leaving it at that for now. In the future I'm really torn whether to retrofit these OEM lights or go aftermarket. There's only a couple aftermarket ones I like but they are well above what I'm willing to pay right now.
Exactly what I was thinking! Can't justify aftermarket ones but not exactly sure how to dismantle/paint the OEM ones or how to make them brighter. What were you thinking for retrofitting? HID? LED? High performance halogen?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looking at LED projectors for the retrofit. I'm old school and refuse to put LED's in halogen housing headlighs so that the easiest option out. Not entirely sure if I'll go LED or HID in projectors but that's the route I'll most likely go.

I'll be sure to post in here when I've got the lights opened, but I've done several on other cars and they have always been pretty easy. Basically, what you need to do is stick them in an oven at the lowest setting (150 - 200 usually) for 15 or so minute, and the lenses should peel off from the housings with a little encouragement. I'll let you know how it goes when I do it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did you use to have a SVT Focus?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Did you use to have a SVT Focus?
I technically still do. I swapped the plates off it to the Escape but all it needs to run on the road again is a new set of plate and registration.

It's a 2002 Focus SVT I bought way back in 2010. It started out as a sonic blue base model but it's moved along quite a bit since then.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I technically still do. I swapped the plates off it to the Escape but all it needs to run on the road again is a new set of plate and registration.

It's a 2002 Focus SVT I bought way back in 2010. It started out as a sonic blue base model but it's moved along quite a bit since then.

View attachment 75164
I had an 02 in Sonic blue...
Was in the middle of converting it to an RS Focus.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I installed front and rear RS fenders on my SVT. It's quite the operation isn't in.

Were you on any of the Focus Forums or Facebook pages and what happened to the car? Looks like it was coming along nicely.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I installed front and rear RS fenders on my SVT. It's quite the operation isn't in.

Were you on any of the Focus Forums or Facebook pages and what happened to the car? Looks like it was coming along nicely.
Yeah, most of the rebar had to go!
I was on both Focus Fanatic and FocalJet for years and years...
Username wungun or wungunsvt
Life got in the way of finishing it, and she was a high mileager (bought it new), so she had to go...
Fella bought it, finished the body work and ended up parting it out after

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I wanna see that front diaper!
Haha. It got too dark when I was done and it's in the garage so not a good view. I think I'm taking the Escape to work tomorrow so I should be able to get them good picture. It looks great, though!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah, most of the rebar had to go!
I was on both Focus Fanatic and FocalJet for years and years...
Username wungun or wungunsvt
Life got in the way of finishing it, and she was a high mileager (bought it new), so she had to go...
Fella bought it, finished the body work and ended up parting it out after
I've been on both with the same username as here but don't go to the Focus forums as much anymore. It's funny how many people have gone from the old Foci forums onto here. lol I guess the Escape is a natural fit.

It's a shame it got parted out but that's the way it goes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I wanna see that front diaper!
Thanks to Hayai, I now have a much improved front skid plate. Swapped out the old silver one with a new black skid plate. It's a minor thing but it's all those minor changes that add up to major improvements.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
As I mentioned before, I've been working on the side vents and here's the results. Basically it the original side vents with the chrome trim removed, fake mesh pattern filled in, and painted body color. It's still the OEM vent underneath so it snaps on and off as before. You can make your own judgement about how it looks but it actually turned out better than I expected. As you can see in the pictures, it does look a little unfinished, but from a distance on a dark colored vehicle, I think it looks pretty good. I think I'll keep them at least until I can do a proper shave.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts