2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
True. If I do a retrofit, I'll be able to black out the low beam area too so that will help with that a lot.
How was it going back together using the heat gun? Did you manage to get a good seal again?
Also, I haven't looked at removing the headlights from the car...
You don't have to pull the bumper off or anything stupid do ya?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I got a pretty good fit again. No worse than an oven. Haven't driven in the rain yet so that will be the first test.

As far as removing the headlights, it's border line stupid the first time. The top three bolts are easy, but of course they buried one bolt way in the bottom corner behind the bumper. Driver's side I could get at by removing the wheel well enough to get my hand up behind the bumper and swearing profusely . The Passenger side, however had the horn in the way (which couldn't be moved without moving the bumper) so I did have to pull the bumper down slightly. Didn't have to take it off but had to remover the three bolts holding the bumper to the fender so I could drop the bumper enough to get access. And swore a lot.

I didn't reinstall those two bolts. The top three are more than enough to hold the light in tightly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Got a couple goodies in the mail today: RS airbox and BOV.

Interesting note on the airbox, all I ended up installing was the RS cover since the low part of the box is identical to the OEM unit. Just remove the old cover and bolted the new one on. 5 minute job. I also pulled the rubber seal off since it's useless on these vehicle with the higher hood; might stick it back on, might not.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Never thought of painting the engine and airbox cover like that. That's beautiful! I might be coming one step closer soon with that idea.
My friend, you are in for a real treat. Make sure you look at the entire thread. Lots of ideas.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ford Escape RS
Love it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Haha. Just needs the 6-speed.

My friend, you are in for a real treat. Make sure you look at the entire thread. Lots of ideas.

You ain't kidding. I'll be dreaming all night now. lol

Thanks for steering me in this direction. I love it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The next big project for the Escape: a blank grille insert. I'm planning and painting it body color but it will always make a great mold for a carbon fiber grille in the future.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
All painted and on for a test fit. I need to adjust the mounts in the back to it sits down where it's supposed too but very happy with it so far.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Who doesn't like a little Euro goodness: Euro rear fog light and reverse light.

Technically they are US spec Ford Ecosport reverse lights and pigtails with one vinylled red, but no one needs to know that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Well, rather by accident, we continue down the road of Eurofying the Escape. I bought a set of DRL LED lights (bottom), and the seller mentioned he had a set of Depo Kuga LED taillights that needed some work to get rid of too. $20 later here they sit! One DS taillight doesn't work but he didn't know which one hence the two of them. They also need some wiring repairs and resealing for moister, but there is a huge amount of potential here.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Got the goofy little LED's installed below the headlights. I actually find myself liking them. They look a bit strange and out of place when unlit but I do like how they look when on. I only wired the white since the orange looked purple to me when next to the amber of the parking lights and weren't bright enough to act as a turn signal. I also have them wired into the parking lights and not as a DRL as they are advertised.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts