2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Work continues on the taillights but I have the startings of the next major project. I bought a second set of headlights to use for the retrofit. Now just need to get the projectors and a few other items.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
BTW I bought these from Amazon.com and test fitted them yesterday. They fit very well and sit in as good as any OEM set. I also took the opportunity to see what the light output was, and to put it simply, they are horrible and unusable as it. As you can see in the picture, they have glare everywhere especially at an upward angle where you really don't want it. Thank goodness I wasn't planning on installing them straight from the box.

If anyone is looking for plug and play OE replacement lights, I highly recommend looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Taillights are tinted and it went really well. They aren't absolutely perfect but I really liked the vinyl and it did extremely well on the bulges. Installed pics will have to wait till I pull the car out of the garage again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Taillights are tinted and it went really well. They aren't absolutely perfect but I really liked the vinyl and it did extremely well on the bulges. Installed pics will have to wait till I pull the car out of the garage again.

View attachment 76013
Looks great! Love the slight tint. Wish I could find some Kuga lights for relatively cheap.

BTW, where do you have such a well lit, white background-ed place to shoot photos?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Looks great! Love the slight tint. Wish I could find some Kuga lights for relatively cheap.

BTW, where do you have such a well lit, white background-ed place to shoot photos?
Welcome to the great, white north. Haha

I walked out the back door held it over the snowy ground.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
As typical of NY winters, everything is filthy but under the grime, the taillight tint looks pretty good to me.

Attachments

81 - 87 of 87 Posts