2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Would of loved to see those Euro rear fogs working...
Do you know if the harness has connections at the back of the car and at the headlight switch?
I would think you'd need a Euro BCM VIN coded to your car as a start...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
these harnesses are 100% tailored to the options on the car. there are no spare wires or connectors. makes it a PITA if you want to add a trailer, or heated mirrors, or foglights or whathaveyou. and thats just north america. definitely no wires for euro options.

·
Registered
224 Posts
these harnesses are 100% tailored to the options on the car. there are no spare wires or connectors. makes it a PITA if you want to add a trailer, or heated mirrors, or foglights or whathaveyou. and thats just north america. definitely no wires for euro options.
And when you say harness, you're talking about all wiring? Or does the main chassis harness, somewhere, have a plug in it for a sub-harness? Not necessarily at the back bumper (for the fogs), but maybe in the trunk fuse panel area?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
And when you say harness, you're talking about all wiring? Or does the main chassis harness, somewhere, have a plug in it for a sub-harness? Not necessarily at the back bumper (for the fogs), but maybe in the trunk fuse panel area?

i dont know all the details about sub harness or whatever, you'd need to get real cozy with a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
So I'm a little bit behind here, but here's a few of the minor things I've done since the last posting.

Removed the roof rack:

Repainted my Big Mouth green. Not happy with the specific color I used but like the idea.

and a picture I really liked.

And lastly the big coming news, drop springs arrive in the mail today and will be going on soon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Goodspeed drop springs are installed. Official number right now are 1" drop in the front and 1 1/2" in the rear. They might keep going down, I'm not sure, but that's where they seem to have stabilized.

And then I immediately hooked up my trailer and used it on my lawn care run.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
How are the headlights coming. This is something I've been considering since I bought mine.
I've decided the headlights make a good winter project so I've set them aside while I concentrate on some of my other ideas that are better fair weather projects. That said, I might be back on them sooner than later because OEM headlights are starting to bug me more and more as the rest of the car comes along.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
New brake rotors install. Powerstop if anyone is curious.

Reactions: Ralsta

·
Registered
2014 Escape SE 2.0
11 Posts
Thank you for this thread. I love all the mods you do. Though a lot of the body transformations are not for me. I love to go fast!! I love the Loudmouth addition....I will ordering mine soon! Keep up the awesome work, I love watching your transformation!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Just a random picture of the dirty Escape. Makes me want to get back working on the front end again, but my truck has been a bit of a basket case lately so it's been sapping up all the time and funds.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
And so begins the next project.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,611 Posts
What material are you using? I want to do something similar for those silly plastic bits beneath the headlights.

(With that new piece you could add driving lights, proper brake air ducts, an air inlet to the air filter box.... lots of possibilities. But I'm guessing you're leaving it like that to match your grille?)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Sort of leaving it but sort of not. ;)

It's made of fiberglass but right now it's just the base I'm using to make the shape I want. I too want to do something about those bits under the headlights, just haven't decided what yet. And once I have my headlights finished and the turn signals moved up there, I'm kind of thinking about cutting part of the foglights open and adding air ducts down there. All just a bunch of idea floating around yet.

Reactions: murcod

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
One small hurtle solved in the upcoming secret project. Found a somewhat satisfactory place to put some switches.

Reactions: murcod

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Last and most important parts came in: lights and mesh

·
Registered
2016 Ford escape se K&N intake deleted resonator and upgraded muffler
16 Posts
Can u explain how you took off the roof rack? I plan on doing the same but not sure how

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Can u explain how you took off the roof rack? I plan on doing the same but not sure how
Sure. Basically it's this process just in reverse: Ford Kuga Escape 2013 2014 Roof Rack Install Instruction.

There are English videos as well but this one is relatively short and no chatter which I like. :LOL: You will need a the weatherstripping for a non-rack Escape to do it right. Any other specific questions on the process, feel free to ask.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts