2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the past week, I took deliverly on a new 2022 Escape PHEV. (ordered it and received it in 8 weeks.)
My question is: Will the 110V charging cord that comes with the car, be damaged if it is left plugged into the wall socket after the other end is disconnected from the car?
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Within the past week, I took deliverly on a new 2022 Escape PHEV. (ordered it and received it in 8 weeks.)
My question is: Will the 110V charging cord that comes with the car, be damaged if it is left plugged into the wall socket after the other end is disconnected from the car?
Thanks in advance for your help.
I can say In 5 months I’ve observed no reason to think this behavior damages the charger. We do this everyday, and everything continues to work just like it did on day one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can say In 5 months I’ve observed no reason to think this behavior damages the charger. We do this everyday, and everything continues to work just like it did on day one.
Thank You. The outlet I use for this is not out in the open and it is a challange for a "grumpy old man" like me to get at it, so I will leave that end plugged in all the time.
Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts