2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I own a 13 SE 2.0 that will be handed down to my daughter. Other than the BMS system melting it has been a super reliable vehicle. I'm in the market for a new car, and I'm having a hard time choosing between the Mazda CX5, The Subaru Forester Sport, or another Escape. I've got the Escapes down to a 19 Titanium with 9500 miles for $24K OTD, and a 20 Titanium with 5500 miles for $29K OTD. I'm aware of the redesign for 20 and all that comes with it, but I'm thinking the 19 has less of a stiff ride. Am I imagining things? The tires seem lower profile, I wonder if that's it. The 20 was a rental in Florida, which bothers me a bit, and the 19 was a personal vehicle bought, serviced, and traded in at the same dealer selling it now. I'm probably overthinking things, and having a hard time pulling the trigger on one. Love to hear everyone's thoughts on the escapes and the others I've mention too. TIA

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hey guys, I own a 13 SE 2.0 that will be handed down to my daughter. Other than the BMS system melting it has been a super reliable vehicle. I'm in the market for a new car, and I'm having a hard time choosing between the Mazda CX5, The Subaru Forester Sport, or another Escape. I've got the Escapes down to a 19 Titanium with 9500 miles for $24K OTD, and a 20 Titanium with 5500 miles for $29K OTD. I'm aware of the redesign for 20 and all that comes with it, but I'm thinking the 19 has less of a stiff ride. Am I imagining things? The tires seem lower profile, I wonder if that's it. The 20 was a rental in Florida, which bothers me a bit, and the 19 was a personal vehicle bought, serviced, and traded in at the same dealer selling it now. I'm probably overthinking things, and having a hard time pulling the trigger on one. Love to hear everyone's thoughts on the escapes and the others I've mention too. TIA
What engines?

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
I moved your thread here as you wanted to discuss the two Escapes along with other competitor vehicles.

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium White Platinum 400A, 2015 Escape Titanium White Platinum 300A
9 Posts
I test drove both the '19 and '20. We already own a '15 Titanium, so I based by opinion from that to the '19 to see if it was at least equal if not better. Then I drove the '20. I found the '20 Titanium to be comfortable, yet it gave me a feeling of being 'closed in' when compared to the '15 (I'm 6 foot, 240 pounds). The '20 simply felt 'smaller'. Then drove the '19 Titanium. It was optioned with the tan interior, top to bottom, sun roof and tow package along with 19 inch wheels. The '20 Titanium had none of what I mentioned except for sun roof...yet cost more with less options of the '19. The '19 was showroom new as was the '20. We ended up buying the '19 with incentives (military, rebates, closeout of model year), while the '20 offered only military. The biggest change to me was the feeling of being a smaller size inside of the '20.

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
I would personally avoid the use rental vehicle. The other one sounds fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts