2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

2.0 Ecoboost model number etc.

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Russ5tide 
#1 ·
I've had my 17 Escape for right at 2 weeks now and I love it. I'm still in the break in period so I haven't used sport mode yet. I've looked in the owners manual and have found a couple things that are stated different than what I find online. Like the book says the engine compression ration is 9.3:1 but online it says 9.7:1. Thought that was kinda odd. I'm also looking to find the exact engine serial number and have had zero luck. I opened the hood for a brief time and looked around but also had no luck. Anyone have any idea what it may be? Lastly, I've noticed that when I'm crushing to a stop like at a stop sign or to pull in my driveway the engine revs up from 1k to 2k RPM's without my foot being on the peddle. I've driven a few fords over the years and have not noticed them doing this. The MPG( Miles per Gallon) reader will be on 99.9 MPG when I'm cruising with my foot off of the peddle at first and as I slow down the RPM's start going up and the MPG starts to go down so it's obviously using gas. I'm just wondering if that is normal or if it may be a fault with my transmission? I've never driven and auto transmission where the engine will rev up when slowing down with my foot off the gas. Just curious. I can add a short video if I need to. Thanks everyone!

#2 ·
The powertrain system automatically downshifts when coming to a stop, hence the increase in rpms.

#4 ·
I'm also looking to find the exact engine serial number and have had zero luck. I opened the hood for a brief time and looked around but also had no luck. Anyone have any idea what it may be?
Took me longer to walk to my car than it took me to find it. Next to the coolant reservoir. Looks like my engine was built on 06/30/2012 in Valencia Spain. That's interesting only because my vehicle was assembled 09/2012 in KY.

#5 ·
The 99.9 Instantaneous MPG is normal when you have your foot off the pedal or are coasting while on cruise control.

#7 ·
I know I wasn't asking if that is unusual. I know it should be on 99.9% The engine revs some when coasting to a stop with foot off the gas and the MPG drops considerable from that high of 99.9% when the transmission is downshifting and I've never noticed it before in an automatic. That's what I was wondering about. Didn't know if it was commonplace in the Ford Escape

#6 ·
I'm also looking to find the exact engine serial number and have had zero luck. I opened the hood for a brief time and looked around but also had no luck. Anyone have any idea what it may be?
Took me longer to walk to my car than it took me to find it. Next to the coolant reservoir. Looks like my engine was built on 06/30/2012 in Valencia Spain. That's interesting only because my vehicle was assembled 09/2012 in KY.

Well not everyone is as special as you it seems. Haha Plus, a 2012 and a 2017 engine are two separate engines now that they redesigned the engine after 2014 after only 4 years of using it so maybe that sticker placement isn't the same. I'm not sure. I'll look again tho. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.