2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

501 - 520 of 551 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on my leak status:
After tightening the banjo bolts on the turbo I have seen no evidence of the leak continuing there. I am still finding a stain on the flour I put down, but only in cold weather. The leak has slowed but is still present. There must be a second location it is leaking. When I find it I will update again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is now a lawsuit in Canada pertaining to the 1.6L EcoBoost engines. I can't post the link, but Google: Lex Group Ford lawsuit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have 2015 Escape SE with the 1.6L. Having my engine replaced as I type. So mad that this is happening and every Escape but mine had a TSB for the same problem. Coolant in the cylinder core. My car has 67,000 miles on it. My dad just got a letter for his 2017 Escape 1.5 engine to bring his in. Ford needs to change manufacturing companies because this obviously a problem. I would this could be a safety issue as if it overheated couldn’t it catch on fire? I had no warnings other than check engine witch coded to replace #1 cylinder and then check engine again and lots of white smoke.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,208 Posts
Have 2015 Escape SE with the 1.6L. Having my engine replaced as I type. So mad that this is happening and every Escape but mine had a TSB for the same problem. Coolant in the cylinder core. My car has 67,000 miles on it. My dad just got a letter for his 2017 Escape 1.5 engine to bring his in. Ford needs to change manufacturing companies because this obviously a problem. I would this could be a safety issue as if it overheated couldn’t it catch on fire? I had no warnings other than check engine witch coded to replace #1 cylinder and then check engine again and lots of white smoke.
Moved your post to this thread as the other thread you posted in was just for 2.0 engines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2016 1.6 ecoboost motors have this issue? I have had to put coolant in my wifes escape twice now both times it was noticed because the heat was not blowing hot. I can faintly smell antifreeze after driving the car when its full but like most people i havent noticed a leak. I plan to look a little more into it this weekend to be sure its not leaking. Factory warranty is expired but we did buy the ford protect warranty which covers the power train so hopefully if its an internal issue i should be covered. thanks for the read and response!

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2016 1.6 ecoboost motors have this issue? I have had to put coolant in my wifes escape twice now both times it was noticed because the heat was not blowing hot. I can faintly smell antifreeze after driving the car when its full but like most people i havent noticed a leak. I plan to look a little more into it this weekend to be sure its not leaking. Factory warranty is expired but we did buy the ford protect warranty which covers the power train so hopefully if its an internal issue i should be covered. thanks for the read and response!
2016 1.6 EB has same open block engine design as the 1.5.

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Moved your post to this existing thread. Have a look at some of the other posts in this thread for help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update on my leak status:
After tightening the banjo bolts on the turbo I have seen no evidence of the leak continuing there. I am still finding a stain on the flour I put down, but only in cold weather. The leak has slowed but is still present. There must be a second location it is leaking. When I find it I will update again.
Shooter,
Have you found your second leak? Or is all well?
I have a 2013 Escape 1.6, and just started leaking during cold days/nights back in Dec '19, with 76k on it. Had a 4 hour pressure test. No pressure drop. No visual leaks. But a transmission shop I had look at it a couple of months ago "hinted" at maybe a leak coming from around the turbo area because he saw dried coolant on the right side of the transfer case. He couldn't see an actual leak.
In the past week I have finally been able to correlate the leaking with colder nights. Last night was below 10 degrees F, and I have a nice coolant patch on my driveway this morning. Seems like 30F (approx.) is the leak temp threshold.

Gonna bring it in real soon asking them to check the turbo tube you mentioned. Would love to know if you have solved your issue!

·
Registered
18 Posts
After reading many of the posts here, I see that a number of folks have the same problem - antifreeze behind the right front wheel. Has anyone found the culprit? I am betting on the vent pipe, but it must have some sort of pressure relief mechanism, which is likely the real cause. Does anyone have any insight here? Very frustrating, especially with the number of posts going back to 2014. 6 years and still no solution??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2014 and I have had to put a cup of coolant in the overflow twice in the last week due to the low coolant light coming on...

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, I'm a single mom of 3 and have always owned a Ford. I now have an 2013 Escape 4 cylinder EcoBoost that has been lsoing collant for a long time. I've had it to the dealer, they put in a new water pump the first time , a new collant tank the next time, fixed a hose the next time.S. I just brought it back to the dealer because I am going through about a tank of collant to a tank of gas. they said my head gasket is cracked and it will cost $8,700.00 for a new engine and I'm better off just getting a new car. I am livid! I missed the recall by only a few months. Ford is aware that there are many more vehicles involved then they have recalled and they have been stringing me along all this time since I first brought it in two years ago. So, now I still owe on this vehicle and it's shot, they know it's a falty design and they just shurg their shoulders. Okay! I wil not, I repeat I will not buy another Ford. I have no idea what I am going to do now but I can tell you tht i will make sure there is not a single Ford part in this next vehicle of mine. The dealer said there is coolant bubling up in my spark plugs. Well, you knew that was going to happen but you never said anything! I trusted them. We were even starting to look at the Focus for my 16 year old, not happening! Never again.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
So, I'm a single mom of 3 and have always owned a Ford. I now have an 2013 Escape 4 cylinder EcoBoost that has been lsoing collant for a long time. I've had it to the dealer, they put in a new water pump the first time , a new collant tank the next time, fixed a hose the next time.S. I just brought it back to the dealer because I am going through about a tank of collant to a tank of gas. they said my head gasket is cracked and it will cost $8,700.00 for a new engine and I'm better off just getting a new car. I am livid! I missed the recall by only a few months. Ford is aware that there are many more vehicles involved then they have recalled and they have been stringing me along all this time since I first brought it in two years ago. So, now I still owe on this vehicle and it's shot, they know it's a falty design and they just shurg their shoulders. Okay! I wil not, I repeat I will not buy another Ford. I have no idea what I am going to do now but I can tell you tht i will make sure there is not a single Ford part in this next vehicle of mine. The dealer said there is coolant bubling up in my spark plugs. Well, you knew that was going to happen but you never said anything! I trusted them. We were even starting to look at the Focus for my 16 year old, not happening! Never again.
Understand your frustration. Other than venting, you have not provided any information that would enable us to help you. Also you have posted in the new member section which is for introductions. We need mode, year, mileage of the vehicle, and the engine 2.5, 1.6, 2.0 in order to be of any help. Check out the many posts concerning coolant loss on this board. Generally, the 2.5 has been solid, the 1.6 not so much, and the 2.0 also solid at least up to 2017.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
@JMac731....also when the Ford dealer started the 'fixes' for your coolant loss problem was the car still under warranty as you say this has been going on for a long time?
If so you would have a case that it was never repaired properly under warranty as the problem is ongoing.
In any case if all else fails you should be able to claim through the consumer watchdog in your country especially as this problem seems to be rampart in this model.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,736 Posts
Sounds like a 1.6l at a guess?

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
I kerg
[/QUOTE
i merged your thread with one of the many existing threads on your issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everybody,

I've only posted once before so Fairley new to this.
I have a 2024 Ford Escape SE 1.6L Eco, I have e a strong smell of coolant outside the car after driving. It's been to the dealership many time to be looked at and coolant filled. Diagnosis is if they can't see a leak it's not leaking and it's safe to drive. However I'm adding 1 liter of coolant every 2 days to the car or the light comes on. I've tried looking myself but can't find a leak either. Wondering if anybody else has had this problem and could point me in the right direction.

Cheers guys and thanks for any help given.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Hello everybody,

I've only posted once before so Fairley new to this.
I have a 2024 Ford Escape SE 1.6L Eco, I have e a strong smell of coolant outside the car after driving. It's been to the dealership many time to be looked at and coolant filled. Diagnosis is if they can't see a leak it's not leaking and it's safe to drive. However I'm adding 1 liter of coolant every 2 days to the car or the light comes on. I've tried looking myself but can't find a leak either. Wondering if anybody else has had this problem and could point me in the right direction.

Cheers guys and thanks for any help given.
How many miles on vehicle? How many when you first noticed loss of coolant? How does the engine run.?

501 - 520 of 551 Posts