2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

501 - 510 of 510 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on my leak status:
After tightening the banjo bolts on the turbo I have seen no evidence of the leak continuing there. I am still finding a stain on the flour I put down, but only in cold weather. The leak has slowed but is still present. There must be a second location it is leaking. When I find it I will update again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is now a lawsuit in Canada pertaining to the 1.6L EcoBoost engines. I can't post the link, but Google: Lex Group Ford lawsuit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have 2015 Escape SE with the 1.6L. Having my engine replaced as I type. So mad that this is happening and every Escape but mine had a TSB for the same problem. Coolant in the cylinder core. My car has 67,000 miles on it. My dad just got a letter for his 2017 Escape 1.5 engine to bring his in. Ford needs to change manufacturing companies because this obviously a problem. I would this could be a safety issue as if it overheated couldn’t it catch on fire? I had no warnings other than check engine witch coded to replace #1 cylinder and then check engine again and lots of white smoke.

·
Super Moderator
5,679 Posts
Have 2015 Escape SE with the 1.6L. Having my engine replaced as I type. So mad that this is happening and every Escape but mine had a TSB for the same problem. Coolant in the cylinder core. My car has 67,000 miles on it. My dad just got a letter for his 2017 Escape 1.5 engine to bring his in. Ford needs to change manufacturing companies because this obviously a problem. I would this could be a safety issue as if it overheated couldn’t it catch on fire? I had no warnings other than check engine witch coded to replace #1 cylinder and then check engine again and lots of white smoke.
Moved your post to this thread as the other thread you posted in was just for 2.0 engines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2016 1.6 ecoboost motors have this issue? I have had to put coolant in my wifes escape twice now both times it was noticed because the heat was not blowing hot. I can faintly smell antifreeze after driving the car when its full but like most people i havent noticed a leak. I plan to look a little more into it this weekend to be sure its not leaking. Factory warranty is expired but we did buy the ford protect warranty which covers the power train so hopefully if its an internal issue i should be covered. thanks for the read and response!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2016 1.6 ecoboost motors have this issue? I have had to put coolant in my wifes escape twice now both times it was noticed because the heat was not blowing hot. I can faintly smell antifreeze after driving the car when its full but like most people i havent noticed a leak. I plan to look a little more into it this weekend to be sure its not leaking. Factory warranty is expired but we did buy the ford protect warranty which covers the power train so hopefully if its an internal issue i should be covered. thanks for the read and response!
2016 1.6 EB has same open block engine design as the 1.5.

·
Super Moderator
5,679 Posts
Moved your post to this existing thread. Have a look at some of the other posts in this thread for help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update on my leak status:
After tightening the banjo bolts on the turbo I have seen no evidence of the leak continuing there. I am still finding a stain on the flour I put down, but only in cold weather. The leak has slowed but is still present. There must be a second location it is leaking. When I find it I will update again.
Shooter,
Have you found your second leak? Or is all well?
I have a 2013 Escape 1.6, and just started leaking during cold days/nights back in Dec '19, with 76k on it. Had a 4 hour pressure test. No pressure drop. No visual leaks. But a transmission shop I had look at it a couple of months ago "hinted" at maybe a leak coming from around the turbo area because he saw dried coolant on the right side of the transfer case. He couldn't see an actual leak.
In the past week I have finally been able to correlate the leaking with colder nights. Last night was below 10 degrees F, and I have a nice coolant patch on my driveway this morning. Seems like 30F (approx.) is the leak temp threshold.

Gonna bring it in real soon asking them to check the turbo tube you mentioned. Would love to know if you have solved your issue!

501 - 510 of 510 Posts