2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

541 - 543 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 ford escape. I have had it to the garage multiple times. They cannot figure out where the antifreeze is leaking. The diagnostic said it was a coil i already replaced. The antifreeze is not leaking into the oil or outside. The coils keep misfiring, and we keep replacing them, and then within in a day we are right back to where we were and the engine light stays on. The car idles rough when we first start it and then it seems to be okay. I am getting annoyed with fixing it and the garage not knowing what is wrong still.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
128 Posts
Sounds like with the coolant level going down and the misfire you have a coolant leak into a cylinder. Perhaps you need to have a dealer diagnose the issue if you are using an independent mechanic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 ford escape. I have had it to the garage multiple times. They cannot figure out where the antifreeze is leaking. The diagnostic said it was a coil i already replaced. The antifreeze is not leaking into the oil or outside. The coils keep misfiring, and we keep replacing them, and then within in a day we are right back to where we were and the engine light stays on. The car idles rough when we first start it and then it seems to be okay. I am getting annoyed with fixing it and the garage not knowing what is wrong still.
took 3 times with mine.
Mine leaking in 2 spots. The banjo fitting coming out of the turbo is made of dissimilar metals and comes loose. That fitting will take a bunch of tightening.

the second is a coolant hose in the very back center of the engine. The hose was leaking badly at the top where it connects to the coolant manifold. THAT was the big leak and the “leaks when it gets cold” leak that’s impossible to find.

best wishes!

541 - 543 of 543 Posts