2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
731K views 612 replies 155 participants last post by  mattg 
It isn't a big leak. I have had to fill the coolant twice since the beginning of February. It was almost empty both times. I can smell the coolant every time I turn the car off and get out. It is definitely burning coolant in the engine but a little at a time.
Almost empty both times...wow, that's not good at all. I can see maybe an ounce or so ever so often, then top it off. but if you drive it for a while and it's almost empty, that's not good. Hopefully something does give and you vapor lock that motor. After you feel it up and drive it, have you noticed any discoloration in the coolant or an oil smell? No bubbles in the coolant while it's running? No white sludge when you do an oil change? Any white smoke with a good amount of water droplets?

It definitely has a issue that is not normal and I would def be concerned with. Sorry to hear.

Almost empty both times...wow, that's not good at all. I can see maybe an ounce or so ever so often, then top it off. but if you drive it for a while and it's almost empty, that's not good. Hopefully something does give and you vapor lock that motor. After you feel it up and drive it, have you noticed any discoloration in the coolant or an oil smell? No bubbles in the coolant while it's running? No white sludge when you do an oil change? Any white smoke with a good amount of water droplets?

It definitely has a issue that is not normal and I would def be concerned with. Sorry to hear.
And i meant to write "hopefully something doesn't give"