2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had it a year, and a month ago the transmission just went out. We replaced it, $4000. I'm still paying on it, and now it will not stop overheating. I love the car, but now I'm stuck with a vehicle I still owe on that I cant drive. Plus there is a brand new transmission in it. Saw about thr recalls. Which the dealer did not tell us about, showed us a clean car fax report. Will or can ford dealer fix overheating issue is 1.6 EcoBoost engine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,128 Posts
Will or can ford dealer fix overheating issue is 1.6 EcoBoost engine.
The first step would be to establish if all the relevant TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) and Recalls have been carried out. You didn't happen to buy it from a Ford dealer- that could make it easier to check what's been done?

One of the recalls involved re routing the coolant hoses, fitting a low coolant level sensor and reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module. There's been a far bit of revision to that engine due to coolant/ overheating problems.

Searching through the forum should help find the TSB/ recall numbers.

Reactions: Vader101

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
I'm amazed that EVERYONE that has been having issues with the 3G Escapes lately has had a 2013 model. Strange but understandable.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
896 Posts
I'm actually more amazed at the number that haven't had the major 1.6L recall performed earlier in their service life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts