1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Ford Escape 2.0 Titanium
117,000 Miles

Hey guys! Hope you are all well.

I’ve been experiencing some problems with my Escape. Whenever I’m in between the 1500-1800 RPM and holding the accelerating pedal withn that range my car will begin jerking. You can actually see the RPM needle begin jerking up by 200 rpm then back down and back up again.

It usually only happens within that range and is more pronounced uphill. Everything else runs pretty smooth. If I let off the gas or accelerate harder there aren’t any issues.

Spark plugs and air filter have been changed. Could anyone direct me towards what to look at next taking into consideration my problem symptoms?

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems to be a common issues with these transmissions and how’s there’s no recall for this by Ford is beyond me

·
Registered
786 Posts
It is your torque converter mine went out at 90,000 miles! I had the trans flushed by the Ford dealer at 57,000 miles
labor was 16.5 hours at $150.00 per hour. they use the mitchell guide for labor
torque converter $400.00, I also had them replace the valve body $400.00
set me back $3500.00

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is your torque converter mine went out at 90,000 miles! I had the trans flushed by the Ford dealer at 57,000 miles
labor was 16.5 hours at $150.00 per hour. they use the mitchell guide for labor
torque converter $400.00, I also had them replace the valve body $400.00
set me back $3500.00
$3500 that's insane! Especially for a problem that doesn't seem like it's the drivers fault but more likely the way it was built. Mine isn't too far off from yours in terms of mileage and it's crazy to have such a big problem at this amount of miles. I have an 02 Mustang GT which has never had this issue. What they should do is issue a recall and fix the problem since it seems like it's in these cars. I guess I might try to take it in and see what they say, but paying that much for a car worth only $13,000-$14,000 seems pretty hefty.

·
Registered
129 Posts
2013 Ford Escape 2.0 Titanium
117,000 Miles

Hey guys! Hope you are all well.

I’ve been experiencing some problems with my Escape. Whenever I’m in between the 1500-1800 RPM and holding the accelerating pedal withn that range my car will begin jerking. You can actually see the RPM needle begin jerking up by 200 rpm then back down and back up again.

It usually only happens within that range and is more pronounced uphill. Everything else runs pretty smooth. If I let off the gas or accelerate harder there aren’t any issues.

Spark plugs and air filter have been changed. Could anyone direct me towards what to look at next taking into consideration my problem symptoms?

Thank you guys!
I have the exact same problem. I am a 113k miles. Took it to a ford dealer and they said it was the transmission slipping. The fix is to replace the transmission for about 5.000. unbelievable. I ask if replacing the fluid would help but they said it could make it worse and didn't recommend it.
I'm not an expert but if the transmission was slipping I would not hold the gears which mine does.
They didn't mention anything about the torque converter, but if that's the problem it could be cheaper to fix. Still I am very disappointed on ford's reliability. Probably my last ford

1 - 11 of 11 Posts