2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought a '13 ford escape and it has the sony audio system. The APIM was dead so I ordered one from eBay with exactly the same part number.

Replaced it did the upgrade from Ford site, now I found the audio really bad I turned down the Treble 3-4Notch and upper Bass 1 notch it's better but still I find the sound pretty bad for a "premium" sound system. My '05 prius with everything stock and a Clarion head unit sounded way better..

Do you have any recommendation ? I started tinkering with Forscan(still a noob maybe I missed something) and looked at the AS-BUILT data and compared it from Site Maintenance and everything is the same so I really don't know maybe it`s normal ?

I find the bass lacking for a system with a subwoofer, I can hear the sub but it doesn't go as low in frequency as I would expect from a subwoofer ..

Do I have to do something or check something like a common problem on those ? Or is it just normal ?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
722 Posts
Going back to days of old it wasn't that unusual to find guys poly filling the sub and replacing the door speakers.
There's also a thread or two out there about a specific set of the 2011-12 Focus Sony DSP part numbers being significantly better (its a plug n play swap) than what Ford went to 2013+ across the Focus/Escape/C-Max.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I also saw people unplugging the front mid speaker, I'll try that.

for the polyfill I Found a lot of videos for focus st but none for the escape.

Do you know a thread or something with informations about it ? Especially what quantity of polyfill should I put inside?

Thank you

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
722 Posts
Look on this site and you should find threads and links from back in 2013-2014.
My solution for the Sony was to drop in Pioneer 4 ways in the doors since the factory speakers were basically the same as the lower end 6 speaker with just a hi frequency cut out and to swap out the front center 1 way for a 2 way Polk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts