2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Awesome, that's about what I was looking for. I certainly don't want to "stance" it out, but just lower and even out the stupid front rake that it has now.

And also to get rid of the more than a fist of rear wheel gap, because that is ridiculous.

Reactions: socal_jayo

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Awesome, that's about what I was looking for. I certainly don't want to "stance" it out, but just lower and even out the stupid front rake that it has now.

And also to get rid of the more than a fist of rear wheel gap, because that is ridiculous.
The rake is gone. The wheel-to-fender gap appears equal front to back now.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Perfect. People look at me weird now when I randomly walk past my car and fist the wheel gap in anger.

·
Registered
49 Posts

socal_jayo,
I would like to do just the opposite of what your doing and level the front. I was just wondering if you have came across any way to bring the front up about 1.5 inches that's not cheesy? I know there is a kuga lift kit from delta but I dont really want a full blown lift. just want to level the front. some strut spacers would be great but I cant find anyone that makes them for the new escapes. If I was still machining I would just make my own but I don't have access to any cnc's anymore I too cant stand the amount of front rake these have. It looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm curious about sway bars. I'd really like to be able to make a turn without feeling like I'm about to fall over. Not so interested in the springs as I don't at all want a firmer ride. Half the reason I bought it was because of how smooth it was.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm curious about sway bars. I'd really like to be able to make a turn without feeling like I'm about to fall over. Not so interested in the springs as I don't at all want a firmer ride. Half the reason I bought it was because of how smooth it was.
The fronts should be a direct bolt-on between a focus ST and a 2.0L Escape. You will need a 2013 ST rear knuckle to upgrade to an ST-compatible rear sway on the Escape.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
socal_jayo,
I would like to do just the opposite of what your doing and level the front. I was just wondering if you have came across any way to bring the front up about 1.5 inches that's not cheesy? I know there is a kuga lift kit from delta but I dont really want a full blown lift. just want to level the front. some strut spacers would be great but I cant find anyone that makes them for the new escapes. If I was still machining I would just make my own but I don't have access to any cnc's anymore I too cant stand the amount of front rake these have. It looks ridiculous.
At the moment, adjustable ride height coilovers available for the 2013 ST is the only potential solution for your needs.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Airaid focus st air intake kit fits the escape with no issues
You don't need to spend extra money on the referenced "Kit" for added performance as it only comprises of a heat shield and filter which you already have in the vehicle. Instead, just buy the wet/dry filter of your choice and remove the air cleaner box cover. Same performance gains (if any), and about $100 in savings.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,422 Posts
(I know this is an old post, but I might as well link in what I've found.)

Have a look through this thread: http://www.fordescape.org/forum/wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/63673-anti-roll-sway-bar-mods.html#post736833

Focus rear stabiliser bar mounts will bolt straight onto the Escape/ Kuga. That then means you can fit Focus sway bar "D" bushes. The end links are different, but in that post there as suitable bushes linked which fit perfectly.

It makes a big improvement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to bring a dead post back but have there been any other discoveries of parts that are compatible? Like downpipe or cams?

I'm not worried about tuning as I have hptuners and experience tuning turbo platforms.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts