2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ford Escape that has recently started having problems. My ABS light is on, when I first start to take off my car will stop moving but still stays running. My traction control light will blink while this is happening. Then after a few seconds I can go again. It may do this a couple more times until I pick up speed. After this my hill start will be unavailable and/or my 4x4 will disable. But later down the road my 4x4 will enable again. All this will happen randomly throughout my drive. Sometimes when I come to a stop i can feel my brake peddle grinding. My dad has taken a multi meter to my ABS sensors but all seem to be working. I’ve heard tone ring but can’t find anything with a 2013 having them. Anybody else have this problem and know maybe what it could be. Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are the ABS sensors the speed sensors? I’d probably get a professional with scan tool to take a look it sounds like the ABS module lost contact with them, or intermittently loses contact or gets a bad signal and thinks the car is slipping. They should be able to take it for a drive and see which ones it is

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,616 Posts
Look into (search for info) on ForScan. That would be the best program to scan for fault codes as it will read Ford specific codes and the program itself is free.

Reactions: Tall Timbers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2013 Ford Escape that has recently started having problems. My ABS light is on, when I first start to take off my car will stop moving but still stays running. My traction control light will blink while this is happening. Then after a few seconds I can go again. It may do this a couple more times until I pick up speed. After this my hill start will be unavailable and/or my 4x4 will disable. But later down the road my 4x4 will enable again. All this will happen randomly throughout my drive. Sometimes when I come to a stop i can feel my brake peddle grinding. My dad has taken a multi meter to my ABS sensors but all seem to be working. I’ve heard tone ring but can’t find anything with a 2013 having them. Anybody else have this problem and know maybe what it could be. Thanks!
Did you ever get this fixed? And what was replaced to fix this problem...

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,065 Posts
Any moderator can reply please, and don’t suggest I get Forscan either..
Curious on why you want a moderator to reply? @murcod gave you a suggestion above about a DIY way to read any trouble codes. It is your choice if you don’t want to do this. Then take it to somewhere to get the codes read on your Escape. Have you read through the other posts in this thread? Have you searched the forum for the other threads on this issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts