2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

2013 Ford Escape Engine Noise While Accelerating

42K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  livinitup420 
#1 ·
Hi all,

What is this engine noise that only happens while accelerating on my 2013 Ford Escape? About 91k miles on it.

I thought it was the air filter so I checked it out, replaced it, tightened everything back up, but the noise is still there.

Anyone heard this noise before? Only happens while accelerating. Thank you.

Video and audio here:

#3 ·
Does it accelerate any differently than when there was no noise?

#5 ·
Lower engine mount maybe? The dog bone looking one under the car? The engine would be loaded on that mount under acceleration.

#7 ·
Don't you feel any vibration?

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

#10 ·
When the noise is happening, I feel vibration through the gas pedal, yes.

kinda sounds like exhaust/heat sheild to me.

can you replicate it revving in neutral? or does it need to be under load. if yes in neutral, get under the car having someone else rev.
I have tried replicating in neutral but the noise does not occur. Noise only happens under load and aggressive acceleration. Like getting onto the freeway.

#8 ·
I don't remember what year this applies to, but i do remember when these vehicle's were in development, that the mount could be installed flipped upside down. It would bolt together and function, but would cause noise and vibration issues. I cant say this is your issue because prototype and production are two very different things, but it's possible if the design didn't change. Might be something to look at.

#12 ·
Ia it a 4WD Drive train?

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

#20 ·
I have a 2013 Ford Escape 4WD Titanium with 72,000 miles. Last summer, my car developed the same noise you are experiencing. My friends said it sounded like a race car, and it felt like it ran better (maybe it only felt faster due to being louder). I took it to the dealer to fix the noise, yet they could not find the cause of the noise, so they didn't fix it. In January I took a trip 100 miles in a snowstorm, and the next day the noise was gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.