2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had to replace the fuel sensor due to my car stalling out. Then I decided to change the plugs and Coil Pack for all four cylinders due to high mileage. It seemed to be running ok but after a week my engine light went on and the car started running rough due to a bad O2 sensor near the firewall. So I had the sensor replaced but the car still runs rough at idle when cold. The rpms also run a little high until it warms up. After I drive it around 10 minutes or so it seems to calm down and the idle and roughness seem to lessen. I think there may be a vacuum leak somewhere but I'm not sure where to look. The engine light is gone and hasn't come back since the sensor was replaced. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what I might try to fix it take it to a technician for a diagnosis.got two errors while driving it today

Update: I got an engine light while driving it today. I ran a scan and it came up with two, P223e and P0299.

·
Registered
54 Posts
those codes are leaning towards a possible intake air leak. Did you have to remove the air tube from the air filter box to intake to change plugs (you do on the 2017+ 2.0). Having High Manifold Pressure and Low Turbo Boost (P0299) would indicate a possible air intake leak?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started my car up today and it just starts running rough. I almost immediately popped an engine light. I ran it on a scanner and it says that it's a P0015. Looking up this error online I'm reading it could be dirty oil or a VCT or VVT Solenoid. I'm going to change the oil but this oil change has less than 3k miles on it so I doubt it's the problem. So I think it may be a VVT or VCT solenoid and I'd like to replace them if it doesn't require me tearing into the engine. It looks like the intake solenoid is near the oil filler cap. I am trying to find the location of the exhaust solenoid. Does anyone on the board know the solenoids are located?

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,362 Posts
I started my car up today and it just starts running rough. I almost immediately popped an engine light. I ran it on a scanner and it says that it's a P0015. Looking up this error online I'm reading it could be dirty oil or a VCT or VVT Solenoid. I'm going to change the oil but this oil change has less than 3k miles on it so I doubt it's the problem. So I think it may be a VVT or VCT solenoid and I'd like to replace them if it doesn't require me tearing into the engine. It looks like the intake solenoid is near the oil filler cap. I am trying to find the location of the exhaust solenoid. Does anyone on the board know the solenoids are located?
I merged your thread with your other new thread as both problems are probably related.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts