2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have searched all over the net for a 100% answer, but my Escape as of the last week has been doing the following;

-When I use the remote starter lights will blink 3-4 times and horn honks. This will happen until I physically get into the car and it the start button.

-When I get out of my vehicle and lock it with the key fob it will do the same thing as starting it with the remote start.

Note this wont happen if i use the pad on the door to lock it.

Also it doesn't happen all the time.

Also do not have a low remote battery already did some diagnostics to eliminate the stupid little things.

Any help would be amazing?

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
722 Posts
Check the BMS sensor on the negative battery cable.
If it or the pigtail get corroded it causes problems on the LIM D data bus.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the BMS sensor on the negative battery cable.
If it or the pigtail get corroded it causes problems on the LIM D data bus.
So update I changed keys and it seems to have fixed the issue. Looks like I might need a new key fob :( Hopefully my local dealer will not gouge me on the pricing. I looked into the BMS sensor and everything seems to be fine.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
722 Posts
If you get the model# and the FCC ID off the inside on your good one you should be able to get one off of eBay and then have the dealer add it to the car.
just out of curiosity, have you changed out the battery for a new one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get the model# and the FCC ID off the inside on your good one you should be able to get one off of eBay and then have the dealer add it to the car.
just out of curiosity, have you changed out the battery for a new one?

This remote I have been using now for about 5 years (I bought used) and the vehicle is driven a lot. When I changed the battery last time ( 4 months ago ) I noticed that the inside contact points where "loose" so this may be the issue. When I opened it over the weekend a shiny piece of tin came out, so I would assume just due to wear and tear but otherwise it is in good shape. Should not be hard to get the FCC id off it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts