2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had light that said needed new sensors. Got 4 from Amazon that showed to be correct for 2013 Escape. Local tire shop installed, but could not get them to relearn. I purchased three different relearn tools and none of them worked. What is my problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you share with us exactly what you bought on Amazon?
Sensor - OTUAYAUTO 9L3Z1A1289A $58.99
Relearn tools
OE 8C2T1A203AB $24.99
VXDAS Ultimate EL50448 $25.99
2 in 1 Super EL50448 $16.90
The sensors are listed as being for a 2013 Ford Escape plus many other Fords. The relearn tools were all advertised as being for Ford. The light is still on and my wife thinks all four tires are going to explode. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I found that item on Amazon but it says it is unavailable and doesn't list any helpful info. Going to OTUAYAUTO's own website, they don't list any TPMS sensors for Ford's. The only ones they have are for GM.

I would suggest getting different sensors from a more reputable company and returning those ones. I got my wheel and tire package from Carid and they came with sensors installed. Will probably go back for a sensor for my 5th (spare) wheel so I can have a full size spare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found that item on Amazon but it says it is unavailable and doesn't list any helpful info. Going to OTUAYAUTO's own website, they don't list any TPMS sensors for Ford's. The only ones they have are for GM.

I would suggest getting different sensors from a more reputable company and returning those ones. I got my wheel and tire package from Carid and they came with sensors installed. Will probably go back for a sensor for my 5th (spare) wheel so I can have a full size spare.

Roll over image to zoom in

OTUAYAUTO 4-Pieces Tire Pressure Sensor, DE8T-1A180-AA 315MHz TPMS - for Ford Escape, Edge, Expedition, Explorer, Mustang, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta, F150, Lincoln Navigator - fit 2009-2019 Vehicles

·
Registered
184 Posts
What is my problem? Thanks.
my wife thinks all four tires are going to explode.
Answered your question. Lol
(Common problem. Reset scan tool for that just doesn’t exist)

I’m guessing it’s the sensors.

Were the sensors cheaper on amazon than the tire shop? I don’t get the motivation since the shop has to mount the tires anyway. They tend to use stuff they know works.

I think you have to go to the shop and see if they can sort it out. Or just forget the sensors. Hmmm, not so good. “Light on = explosion any minute”
(Been there)
I think you can get someone to turn the light off with Forscan etc. I don’t think shops can legally do it.

But, you know, now you’ve hidden the “You will be run off the road, flip, and be killed at any moment”, warning light. It’s been entered in the brain. Only way to turn it off is a functioning monitor.

Might be easier and less stressfull to go back ro the tire shop and have them redo for $250. Maybe they’ll give you a deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Answered your question. Lol
(Common problem)

I’m guessing it’s the sensors.

Were the sensors cheaper on amazon than the tire shop? I don’t get the motivation since the shop has to mount the tires anyway. They tend to use stuff they know works.

I think you have to go to the shop and see if they can sort it out. Or just forget the sensors. Hmmm, not so good. “Light on = explosion any minute”
(Been there)
I think you can get someone to turn the light off with Forscan etc. I don’t think shops can legally do it.

But, you know, now you’ve hidden the “You will be run off the road, flip, and be killed at any moment”, warning light. It’s been entered in the brain. Only way to turn it off is a functioning monitor.

Might be easier and less stressfull to go back ro the tire shop and have them redo for $250. Maybe they’ll give you a deal.
Tire shop wanted $92.50 per sensor plus $15 per tire to install. I supplied the sensors ,but still paid the$60 for install.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I bought the Ford TPMS Resetting Tool from Tirerack when I bought my winter wheels and tires.

They have a list of garages to do work, too. I've use a recommended place in town and have been very pleased. Seal on an original TPMS on my wife's 2012 Escape was leaking, and they just replaced the seal for $25, part ($5) and labor ($20).

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

Roll over image to zoom in

OTUAYAUTO 4-Pieces Tire Pressure Sensor, DE8T-1A180-AA 315MHz TPMS - for Ford Escape, Edge, Expedition, Explorer, Mustang, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta, F150, Lincoln Navigator - fit 2009-2019 Vehicles
I would post the link to the point of purchase so we don’t have any doubt we are looking at what you are looking at.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
To heck with all this crap. I’ve got 4 brand new genuine Motorcraft sensors I will sell you for $40. This includes shipping to the CONUS

739E2F28-FE7B-4247-9B20-52529D079A95.jpeg

Reactions: tglee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To heck with all this crap. I’ve got 4 brand new genuine Motorcraft sensors I will sell you for $40. This includes shipping to the CONUS

View attachment 75629
I would post the link to the point of purchase so we don’t have any doubt we are looking at what you are looking at.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
i have notice amazon/ebay sensors to be very hit or miss. many times one is DOA. nothing wrong with them if they are working.

my suggestion is to order 8 instead of the 4 you need. you still save a ton of money vs. tires shop/dealer, and you'll have spares for the faulty ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've ordered from here set of 5 pcs for winter wheels set. Original ones are in summer wheels set. TPMS tool that allows to tie sensors - that works for mine but I've ordered from previous seller ( did not get it yet this one ). Original sensors are too expensive and there is possibility to buy Chinese for original price ( at least in my country )

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I believe if I were in that situation and had only 1 bad pressure sensor, I'd ignore it until such time that all 4 of my tires needed replacement, then I would replace all 4 sensors. Infact, I might not replace any of them? I've driven for 50+ years checking my tires the 'ole fashion way. IMHO these are not necessities only conveniences. Life will go on.

image004.png

Reactions: Bigreddog

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had light that said needed new sensors. Got 4 from Amazon that showed to be correct for 2013 Escape. Local tire shop installed, but could not get them to relearn. I purchased three different relearn tools and none of them worked. What is my problem? Thanks.
Go on youtube it shows you how to reset sensors. Make sure spare tire is done as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts