2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Added a 2013 Titanium to my 2017 Fusion garage last week. I have a question about the instrument cluster.... This forum I have seen ones that show this screen:

Mine looks like this:

I am assuming the the first layout is only availble on newer Escapes... Is my assumption correct? If its not now do I get my cluster to look like the first image?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Use the arrow toggle on your left finger area of the wheel and it will toggle through the two trip odometers, mileage to empty and a few other useless info screens. I always leave mine set to the 4 quadrant trip and mileage computer. If you see on the right there’s a slider bar, the top image is the first screen in that menu and the one you’re on is the last

·
Registered
99 Posts
Most 2013's don't have the 4-panel cluster in the HUD.

You have to get your panel firmware upgraded with a more recent version and even then it doesn't work on all vehicles (like mine ).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You have to get your panel firmware upgraded with a more recent version and even then it doesn't work on all vehicles (like mine ).

Thanks jhhoffma3 .... Are you able to update the firmware with Forscan or is it a dealer thing?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dealer thing... And it ain't free. Had to pay for them to check the cluster. Told them the cluster fuel gauge was off. That's the only way they'll flash it.

Too bad it didn't work...

·
Registered
143 Posts
There isn't a terribly simple solution, I'm afraid. I've heard of people swapping clusters, which isn't any easier and still probably means a trip to a dealer, and as mentioned above, no guarantee update from a dealer that will still cost. I've just learned to live with it. At least it's not broken! :p

Reactions: Hamsterman

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts

Did not know this. I had a 2013 Escape and it had both options of a 4 screen or a single screen display. All you had to do is roll back or forth with the arrows on the steering wheel. My model wasn't a titanium but it was a SE with a lot of options. Maybe that was why.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It was based on the date of manufacture. The earliest units has this issue. I remember someone here saying that something changed midway through the model year.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
425 Posts
TSB: 13-02-01 was the "fix".
The problem with the fuel gauge is that it isn't a direct imput from the tank like one would expect, it's a logic estimate based on the last 5 times that the average fuel economy had when reset.
You get the 4 box with but for some reason they felt the need to keep the trip timer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts