2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

2014 1.6l bad CV joint

9K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  johngriggs 
#1 ·
Hello, new user here. I have a 14 Escape 1.6l AWD with 108xxx and when under power the vehicle begins to shake/vibrate, almost feeling like a tire out of balance. Only happens under power. I just did a rotation to determine it is not the tires, so now I am assuming this is a CV issue. Is there a way to tell which axle is the issue (assuming the boot(s) aren't torn? Does anyone have suggestions about where to get axles from? I've looked on ebay and some of the parts stores, but most don't carry the driver's side axle. Are there any other Models that have compatible axles? I think this is a job that I am capable of doing myself. Thank you in advance for your input.

#2 ·
I always replace both on my vehicles if one goes bad. The other is pretty sure to follow.

I usually ordered from rockauto.com. Had new vehicles for a bit here and haven't been doing any of my own work.

Usually though, you hear the clicking of a bad CV when turning in the front -- not in a straight line. I'm not sure you can narrow this down to the CV yet.

I would also be concerned about the AWD unit that distributes the power between the front and rear.

But, I'm no expert -- what I would say though is assuming it's something and throwing parts at it won't be a great course of action. Really be better if you can get someone who knows how to diagnose it whether that's a shop or someone you know. Even the best "online expert" has not had eyes/hands on your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.