2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my daughter a super clean 2014 Escape. She loves it, but…..no digital speedometer! I would say she’s lazy but I have to admit I have gotten used also to digital speedometers! I have read the posts here about whether or it or which 2014s have it or not, but this one’s definitely does not have it! My question is whether a dealer could flash the software to update it to the software with the speedometer? I assume the hardware is capable. Any experience or feedback?

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,576 Posts
Actually the digital speedometer was not added until after Job1 (12/3/2013), I had this fight with Ford.
Ours is a 9/2013 build and doesn't have it as existing cluster PRAM doesn't have enough memory, so if your build date is prior to 12/3/2013 the only way to get the feature is by changing the cluster with one from a late 2014 build or a 2015.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,833 Posts
Just got my daughter a super clean 2014 Escape. She loves it, but…..no digital speedometer! I would say she’s lazy but I have to admit I have gotten used also to digital speedometers! I have read the posts here about whether or it or which 2014s have it or not, but this one’s definitely does not have it! My question is whether a dealer could flash the software to update it to the software with the speedometer? I assume the hardware is capable. Any experience or feedback?
I moved your thread to the 3G sub forum. You had posted in the 4G, which is just for 2020 and newer Escapes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts