2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My backup camera on my 2014 Ford Escape Titanium has an intermittent failure. On the first try it generally works but then I get intermittent failures with a pop up message to take the car to the dealer. Anyone have this issue and what are the solutions? Many thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be a wiring issue mine was the harness that goes from the hatch central locking harness to the camera. Take the hatch apart and start wiggling word when it's working to see if it stops
I will try that. In the meantime yesterday I pressed on the camera and it is working more reliably. I’ll report back in further issues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if it's working, now is the perfect time to test the wiring, as you're looking for it to stop. If it isn't working, wiggling the wires is unlikely to make it work, as it won't enable the camera without a reliable connection. no problem, there were very few actual answers when mine went out as to what actually fixed the problem. this particular harness has been revised a few times, so it must be a known issue. when I wiggled mine, it also made the license plate lights flicker, which made the decision to just replace it an easy one. this is the harness that goes from the lock harness under the main/big panel inside the car inside the small removable panel outside that holds the camera and license plate lights
Got it. I will try that. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts