2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had 4 new tires put on my car today. After leaving the shop ABs light and traction sensor light came on, in addition my speedometer stopped working, along with any other controls on my steering whell(Ok button, miles per gallon, etc.). Shortly after, my hilltop assist warning came on. When turning into a parking space, it felt like my power steering was going, almost like when there is no engine power. I took it back to the shop I had just left and they said it was because of my wheel bearings and rear brakes that they had diagnosed as needing to be replaced when I had the tires installed. I mentioned the sensors and they said it wouldn't be the sensors because they wouldn't have been touched when they replaced the tires (I don't believe this for a second). I had an appt to get to and couldn't stay longer so said I would bring it back the next day. A couple of hours later, I got into the car and when I started it, the engine was revving without me touching the gas pedal. I put my foot on the brake and switched it into drive and shortly the trans switched gears, jerked forward and revving stopped. Sometimes when I start it, only the ABS light will be on and all others are not. Within seconds the traction sensor comes on and speedometer & all other dash functions stop working. And then shortly after the hilltop assist warning goes on. HELP!!! All I wanted were new tires and had no issues prior.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts