2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2014 Ford Escape SE for a couple years now, bought used with one previous owner, and have had no issues. After getting some regular maintenance, new battery, new tires, and new brakes, I figured I should go and get the recalls done and just luxuriate in having a vehicle that shouldn't give me any problems for a while. After only getting the Instrument Cluster update, I no longer have a digital speedometer. I had it just fine on the dash prior but now, it's no longer an option unless I go into "Test" mode which is not what I would like. Has anyone had this done and is there a way to get it back? I see in this forum that some models have it and some don't, based on when it was produced but I don't understand why I would be without it after a post-production update.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,014 Posts
It means that they dropped in the pre-Job 2 firmware into the cluster.
Job 2 began in December, 2014 and that is when the digital speedo was added even though it was mentioned in the manual.
The easiest way to tell if you have a Job 2 if your build date is in 12/2014 is if you have a power point in the right rear cargo area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts