2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Titanium that will not start with the fob. Lock + 2x + 2x result in a horn honk, but will not start. I have already reset the the remote start defaults, and as far as I know I do not have any faults. Everything else functions just as it should, and I am stumped. Any help would be great. I have searched and read the the few similar threads here, but none of them seem to have a resolution either. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
lock once than 2x twice

hello and welcome to the forum. when i use the remote start i use the following sequence....

1.press lock button once

2.immediately press the 2x button twice in rapid sucession (located directly above the lock button on my fob)

thats it, hope this helps :nerd:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just discovered a missing ambient air temp sensor, hoping this solves my issue. Have one being delivered in a few hours.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have a 2014 Titanium that will not start with the fob. Lock + 2x + 2x result in a horn honk, but will not start. I have already reset the the remote start defaults, and as far as I know I do not have any faults. Everything else functions just as it should, and I am stumped. Any help would be great. I have searched and read the the few similar threads here, but none of them seem to have a resolution either. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum, dwiddowmaker!

My name is Tricia, and I’m your U.S. Ford Customer Service rep.

What’s the current mileage? I’ll be happy to take a look into available options to assist.

Tricia

·
Registered
699 Posts
What a coincidence! After having my 2014 FE Titanium for 8 months, I finally used the remote start while walking to my car in the dark after work.

I forgot about hitting the Lock before the Remote Start twice, but once I got the sequence right, mine started right up. Of course, by then, I was within 15 feet of my Escape.

Did your Escape honk right after you pressed Lock, or after you pressed the second Start? I know mine honks if I press Lock twice.

Here's something else you could try: Go into the Driver Info settings and Disable Remote Start. Shut off the car, give it 30 seconds, then try the Remote Start sequence. It shouldn't work, being disabled and all. After that, go back in and Enable it, and then see if that works. All you have to lose is ten minutes or so.

(It's an old Windows trick, but there may be some code that isn't being run because your Escape "knows" it's already enabled. By disabling and then re-enabling it, that may give the software the chance to set things right.)

No guarantees this will work, but it might be worth a try...

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Ambient temp sensor is in and working, all system settings are correct. Still no go. Thoughts?
lets start here:

#1 Have you ever used this feature on this vehicle with no problems? If yes, go to #2 . If no, go to #3 .

#2 Have you installed any mods at all since it worked before? Even LED lights in the interior can cause issues with remote start. If yes, go to #5 . If no, go to #4

#3 Have you installed or modified anything on the vehicle? If no, go to #4

#4 I think the system thinks a door is open.

#5 This might be your issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All door sensors were functioning properly. It went to the dealership today, they thought it may have been hard disabled because it was sold as a fleet vehicle. I will report when I know for sure what the issue was. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
All door sensors were functioning properly. It went to the dealership today, they thought it may have been hard disabled because it was sold as a fleet vehicle. I will report when I know for sure what the issue was. Thanks.
Dwiddowmaker,

Thanks for the update, and please continue to keep me posted.

If you need further assistance, please PM me the info I requested in the previous post.

Have a great weekend! :)

Tricia

·
Registered
699 Posts
I tried remote start last night and did it right this time. No horn honk, just a remotely started FE. If your Escape is sounding the horn, sounds like something is wrong like you thought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
try return to factory defaults

Mine too. [2014 Titanium-- I've had it almost a year and have used the remote start a lot]

I just noticed it last week-- the only 'change' I can recall was the latest software update.

I browsed around the forum and saw that someone had luck with returning to factory defaults. [on the info screen- must have been easy to find as I did it without notes] When I did it, I immediately tried remote start and it didn't work. I cursed- went about my business-- and tried it later that day and it seems to be fine, now.

I was getting same symptoms as you-- a short beep or the horn.

Jim
2014 Escape Titanium
1FMCU9J91EUB37172

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Mine too. [2014 Titanium-- I've had it almost a year and have used the remote start a lot]

I just noticed it last week-- the only 'change' I can recall was the latest software update.

I browsed around the forum and saw that someone had luck with returning to factory defaults. [on the info screen- must have been easy to find as I did it without notes] When I did it, I immediately tried remote start and it didn't work. I cursed- went about my business-- and tried it later that day and it seems to be fine, now.

I was getting same symptoms as you-- a short beep or the horn.

Jim
2014 Escape Titanium
1FMCU9J91EUB37172
Congrats on making your first post, elbrecht!

I just want to check in on you. Is your Escape still experiencing the previously-mentioned symptom?

To protect your privacy, please delete/edit your post that contains your VIN.

Have a great day! :)

Tricia

·
Registered
12 Posts
All good now

Hi Tricia,
On the 'first post' -- long time lurker-- but I've been too busy driving this thing to spend much time posting. :) I've put over 16K on it in the 11 months I've owned it. Not bad for a retired guy. For the most part I'm quite happy with it.

The remote start seems ok now. I had tried it a dozen times over a 2 week period and was just about to send it to the dealer before I did a last search of this forum. Reset to defaults-- and I assume a start/stop cycle had some influence-- and all is well now.

I don't know what I might have changed from the defaults- but I haven't tinkered with it since I 'cured' it last week.

Thanks-
Jim

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hi Tricia,
On the 'first post' -- long time lurker-- but I've been too busy driving this thing to spend much time posting. :) I've put over 16K on it in the 11 months I've owned it. Not bad for a retired guy. For the most part I'm quite happy with it.

The remote start seems ok now. I had tried it a dozen times over a 2 week period and was just about to send it to the dealer before I did a last search of this forum. Reset to defaults-- and I assume a start/stop cycle had some influence-- and all is well now.

I don't know what I might have changed from the defaults- but I haven't tinkered with it since I 'cured' it last week.

Thanks-
Jim
Glad to learn that all is well your way, elbrecht.

Yes, 16k is definitely impressive. ;)

Happy cruising and I’ll be here if you ever need me.

Tricia

1 - 20 of 36 Posts