2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The display screen on my daughters Escape went black 2 weeks out of warranty. Finally got around to looking in replacing it. Dealership wanted $1000 to do it. Found a used cluster on ebay. Swapping it out looks fairly simple. My questions is about the mileage...is it stored in the cluster or in the computer in the car? If its stored in the cluster, how do I go about having the actual mileage display correctly. The new cluster is from a car with 33k miles, and out car has less than 20k. Any info would be appreciated...I'm a novice DIY'r!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The display screen on my daughters Escape went black 2 weeks out of warranty. Finally got around to looking in replacing it. Dealership wanted $1000 to do it. Found a used cluster on ebay. Swapping it out looks fairly simple. My questions is about the mileage...is it stored in the cluster or in the computer in the car? If its stored in the cluster, how do I go about having the actual mileage display correctly. The new cluster is from a car with 33k miles, and out car has less than 20k. Any info would be appreciated...I'm a novice DIY'r!
Did you have success in replacing it?......did it need to be reprogrammed in anyway?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts