2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you change the PTU fluid with the vehicle on ramps, I know it's possible to drain the fluid.

Here's the question. When it's up on the ramps,is it possible to fill the PTU with the half quart of 75w140? Or does the rear of the vehicle need jack stands to keep the vehicle level in order to get it full.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Thanks

It makes sense,but it seems strange also that so many people have successfully done this with the vehicle on ramps for just the front raised.
Hmmm, can you sight examples of all these people performing a procedure that requires a level vehicle with their vehicle out of level?

It would be the same as checking your oil dip stick with your vehicle on ramps. Would the level of your oil be accurate?

To each his own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did 3 drain and fills on the transmission fluid with the Escape on front ramps years ago with no issues. All I did was measure the amount of transmission fluid that drained and installed new fluid.

Second, do a search on YouTube. Alot of people are doing good with the vehicle up on front ramps. Again,they measure the amount drained and refill.

·
Registered
2017 White/Gold Titanium 2.0 AWD
204 Posts
Unless you do it on a level area you can not guarantee the correct amount of fluid is added. What if the level is low before you start. following the recommended procedure is important not to over or under fill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts