2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

2015 Escape Whistling Noise When Accelerating

46K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  whateverinkz311744 
#1 ·
I have Ford Escape SE Eco boost. Whenever i accelerate I hear a whistling noise. It only does it when accelerate never when i am a full stop.. Anyone can tell me what wrong with it? I took it to the dealer and they are saying is the eco boost and is what they call spooling.

Just wondering is any other 2015 escape sounds like this. thank you in advance for the advice and help

#9 ·
I went for the Ford Racing Wernher Von Braun Afterburner upgrade to give me that extra boost I need and the whistle sound is designed to warn fellow travelers to leave the launch area. ;)

#11 ·
I wonder if that whistling sound is louder and more noticeable in the 1.6 than other ecoboost engines. I have the 1.6 and DEFINITELY hear the noise; early on, I thought something was wrong. Now I know it's the wonderful turbo doing its job!

Perhaps the 1.6 spools faster and louder to adequately power the heavy vehicle. The engine ALWAYS feels ready and powerful in my 1.6 - probably due to the turbo always being activated under any load.

#12 ·
Hello Ford Fam!

If your Escape is experiencing behavior outside of the norm, I recommend trying taking it in to get diagnosed at a Ford Dealer. Also, be sure to send over your current mileage, and I’ll look into available options to assist on my end.

If all is well on your end, enjoy your sweet ride, and I’ll be here if you need me! :wheels:

Tricia

#13 ·
Thank you all for all the information.. So, i already took the car to service and they told me the noise is normal. My current mile only 1,500. I just not just too that noise, also my friend has a 2011 Escape and it doesn't have that noise. So i am not sure what to think

#15 ·
Hi there!
Speaking about turbo noises... I don't want to get scared but... I've been hearing a sutile turbo noise when engine is at idle. I do have experience with turbo engines and it sound similar to Turbo Diesel engines at idle speed.
Mine is a 2013 1.6T no mods. The car pulls like new, well it only has 40,000kms aprox. but anyway I am pretty sure that sound has not been there since new. :crying:

#16 ·
Are you talking about that ticking noise or is it more like a suction like sound?

#17 ·
no the ticking, nor the actual suction. it is a combined suction with whistling

#19 ·
I bet you anything it's the normal sounds of the car. No matter what Ecoboost engine it is it seems to breath pretty heavy especially with an aftermarket filter on. I'm guessing since yours is stock your just hearing the sucking sounds from the turbo through the filter. Maybe check to see if the air box is closed well and tightly.

#20 ·
I have Ford Escape SE Eco boost. Whenever i accelerate I hear a whistling noise. It only does it when accelerate never when i am a full stop.. Anyone can tell me what wrong with it? I took it to the dealer and they are saying is the eco boost and is what they call spooling.

Just wondering is any other 2015 escape sounds like this. thank you in advance for the advice and help
These motors have the plastic intake manifolds that are notorious for cracking or gaskets failing due to the heat the engine produces being so compact. I found my intake to be separating around the seam. For temporary fix till I can order one I got plastic weld went around the whole seam and replaced gaskets hissing went away and idling smooth again.