• Poll closed .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Long time lurker first time poster. :)

So I really want CarPlay and I am trying to decide what the best route is to get there. I have done some research as far as upgrading from Sync 2 to Sync 3. Which looks cool and I'd love Sync 3. I found a kit on Amazon, and a few other websites. I know some one that can install it for me. I also know the parts can be sourced used and cheaper but honestly I am not going to that.

My question is if I decide to go with an aftermarket radio do I still have steering wheel controls and all of the other factory features and I don't see, or haven't found, a lot of info on this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I strongly suggest upgrading to Sync 3. It will work perfectly with your Escape where an aftermarket system may not. I upgraded to Sync 3 on my 2014 Titanium and I cannot recommend it enough. Upgrade kits are also a lot cheaper now than they use to be a year or two ago. The upgrade is simple as well. For me, I had my local stereo shop install the hardware.

With Sync 3, you will keep your infotainment OEM and you will still get Carplay/Android Auto.
Some aftermarket systems might be able to use steering wheel functions, but Sync 3 will guarantee they will work

Reactions: 54Ford

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I strongly suggest upgrading to Sync 3. It will work perfectly with your Escape where an aftermarket system may not. I upgraded to Sync 3 on my 2014 Titanium and I cannot recommend it enough. Upgrade kits are also a lot cheaper now than they use to be a year or two ago. The upgrade is simple as well. For me, I had my local stereo shop install the hardware.

With Sync 3, you will keep your infotainment OEM and you will still get Carplay/Android Auto.
Some aftermarket systems might be able to use steering wheel functions, but Sync 3 will guarantee they will work

Thanks for your reply! I just bought the upgrade kit from Amazon, now I just have to wait.... I hate waiting LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Joined the forum to give you a suggestion. I just ordered all the parts for my 2014 Escape Titanium to upgrade to Sync 3 for a total of about $260. I have a feeling you're way overpaying on Amazon.

I was able to source a 2018 Escape screen/APIM combination for $115 using car-part.com. If you're willing to put in some time for researching the correct model numbers for the screen/APIM you can save some serious money.

I bought all the other pieces on eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts