2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally had a Magnetic Gray 2016 Escape SE with the 1.6. 186 hp per Ford specs IIRC. Only "performance" mod was a K&N filter. 24 mpg average. Took it in for an oil change and left the dealer with a Ruby Red 2019 Escape SE with the blackout trim and 1.5 motor that's supposed to put out 187 hp. (Be still my palpitating organ.) This one has 4wd that my 2016 didn't. As a result my mpg average is only 21.6. But I can't imagine that the 4wd system alone is sapping that much power from the motor to make that big a difference in mileage. What I do notice is that I have to put my foot into the turbo more often than I did with my 1.6. Any thoughts or solutions from our resident experts?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The hp on this engine is 179....torgue 177lb/ft....many different sources

·
Super Moderator
2,224 Posts
It will be operating as a front wheel drive most of the time. AWD usually engages when accelerating from a standing start, then cuts out (exactly when depends on the throttle application.) You should be able to get a display up in the centre of the instruments which will show the torque feed to each wheel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your gas mileage should be better than 24.. My 2015 1.6L 4WD gets 27 mpg and rarely goes under that.. You may have a heavy foot..!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would love to get 24. My wife has a bad case of turbo foot. Haven't found a podiatrist who can fix that . . . 😩

1 - 6 of 6 Posts