2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Titanium 2.0 FWD. it has 128,000 miles on it, and owned since new. Car is always serviced by the dealership.
CEL first came on and the wife stopped by auto zone to have it read. They told her to check the Air Filter, would be the first place to look. I checked air filter and it definitely had some dirt in it and there was alot of debris under the air filter in the box. Cleaned everything out and changed filter and CEL light went off for a few days and then came back on.

Used my scanner to read and the P219a code came up. Checked filter again and everything was good and clean. But light remains on.

Just trying to figure out what would be the next step to head towards to get this issue taken care of. Done a lot of reading and searching on the internet, and seems to be a lot of things that could throw this code.

Anyone else had this issue yet??? Any help or assistance would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve ran one tank through using Redline Fuel system/injector cleaner. Car ran great and maybe even helped fuel mileage a little bit. But the light stayed on. Thought about adding another and running a tank through and see if the 2nd one did anything

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Generic code means "
When a code P219A is stored, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected an air to fuel ratio imbalance for the bank of the engine which contains the number one cylinder.

Read more at: P219A Bank 1 Air/Fuel Ratio Imbalance
Copyright OBD-Codes.com"

I would take this probably do the following:
Get maf cleaner. Clean the sensor in the air intake pipe just after the filter (before the turbo). You can also clean both MAP sensors. One is on the elbow near the intercooler and one is near the intake manifold.
Last is spark plugs, when were they replaced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you very much for the list. I will start going through them. And yes I’m sure the spark plugs need replaced

1 - 7 of 7 Posts