2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
After reading as much as I can regarding the various audio issues, I decided to post because I can’t find a thread that encompasses my symptoms. It Started the same as most other folks issues have; audio fine one day and nothing the next. It is the Sony 10 speaker system with HD radio, XM and Navigation, sync 3. initially It was no sound through any of the audio sources, but you could hear directions from google maps when a phone was plugged in to the USB port. After a speaker test, that went away. you cannot select am or fm in the sources. It seems to default to the XM source. You can select cd but no sound comes from the s leakers when a disc is inserted. You can also select Bluetooth but again no sound when Bluetooth source is selected. The following is everything I have attempted:

soft reset

hard reset including leaving battery disconnected for 15 mins during which time the battery was tested while completely isolated from electrical system. 12.6 volts showing on meter. When reconnected, charging system putting out 14.8 volts

Fuses 79, 67, 81, 23 all checked visually and with a meter. All ok.

checked sync update. It says that the most recent update has been installed.

entered bezel diagnostics. initial speaker test resulted in several loud cracks and pops. No tone from any speaker during initial or subsequent test. This is where my symptoms seem to be different than other posts I’ve read.

the system does sound when the cross traffic system triggers. It does NOT sound when you pull forward or back up close to something.

The lack of sound/tones during the speaker test has me wondering if it’s the amp as well as the acm or Apim.

any knowledge that can be shared will certainly be appreciated.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
554 Posts
Sounds like a bad ACM.
It's located behind the screen and takes about 20 minutes to replace.
Make sure you get one from a Ti otherwise you'll lose your HD radio since the other trims do not have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your response.
the no sound/tone during the speaker test can be related to the ACM? I was leaning toward the ACM anyway but the lack of sound during the speaker test made me start questioning the amp.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
554 Posts
All music and voice on Ford's comes via the ACM and then to the DSP in the trunk.
The DSP in the trunk is the actual amplifier and also injects additional sounds like the fake engine noise generated by the DACMC and the cross traffic beeps.
Not being able to select other sources, sound only through the USB from a phone all would point to a bad ACM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts